The Official Marshall DSL40c Information Thread

• Thread starter Micky
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ken361

Reaction score
Well I'm going to re-visit the Celestion Creamback 65 again should have it on Wed, the CB65 was the other speaker I enjoyed other than the V-Type. The CB65 has a fatter tone compared to the V-Type and kind of missed it, If it works out I will put the V-Type in an extension cab. I thought about trying the Redback but decided against it thinking it may be too warm for my liking.
2nd cab would be sweet

ken361

Reaction score
Guys, just wanted to find out if you have blown a speaker with this amp, regardless of amp settings?

I am asking this on the back of a blown speaker which is rated at 75W and kinda feeling bummed about it because it is one of those rare occasions where I get to crank the amp and the speaker burns.

On the "bright" note, the stock 70/80 speaker is going back into the amp
it might be the output transformer mine made a gluey type smell for awhile only on the green channel for some reason, I did run the volume a lot higher then the red at 4. Really doubt it would blow I had mine 4 or so on the red

nikola

Reaction score
Well, I replaced the stock speaker and the amp works again. While I had the amp opened, I gave it a bias.

Works again

Wolvieberzerker

Reaction score
I currently have a 2555x, peavey 6534+, victory kraken. I picked up a DSL 5 watt combo a month ago. Really like it , great little amp. Been paying attention to this thread. The DSL 40c has really got my attention. But, do I need it? Anyone care to talk me out of it? Or talk me into it. My rubber arm is fairly twistable right now

J.LaGrassa

Reaction score
I currently have a 2555x, peavey 6534+, victory kraken. I picked up a DSL 5 watt combo a month ago. Really like it , great little amp. Been paying attention to this thread. The DSL 40c has really got my attention. But, do I need it? Anyone care to talk me out of it? Or talk me into it. My rubber arm is fairly twistable right now

I say buy it you will be glad you did...:thumbs:

J.LaGrassa

Reaction score
woo hoo my Creamback 65 came a day earlier, installed it right away. Definitely like the fatness off this one, the top end smoothness is great as well and not so thin sounding. More expensive than I like but you can tell it's a quality speaker... I think it's well worth the money!!

Micky

VIP Member
Reaction score
Eminence Reignmaker. The one that allows you to attenuate the volume with a knob on the speaker
Great speaker if you can get to it to adjust it...
Perfect in a Fender, not so much in a Marshall...

Micky

VIP Member
Reaction score
Not so much in a Marshall.... Good to know.!
Generally newer Marshall combos have a grate or a very small opening in the back, preventing someone from reaching in and touching the speaker...

Latest posts