• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

The Official Marshall Origin 20 Thread...

• Thread starter Joe_Easy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

plexipaul

Reaction score
Thx brethren. Love the looks as well, obviously.

Tonewise: first time experience with these Seventy 80 speakers.
Played 4 hours this afternoon with all EQ at noon, ending up last half hour with Classic Marshall tone with Presence 8, Treble 7, Middle 6, Bass 4, Tilt 8.
Fingers crossed once they are well broken in. Thusfar, well done Marshall.

Last edited:

steveb63

Reaction score
Origin 20 halfsnack completed : )

160cc141-7fdb-4a71-9f05-a9d8807e01d5-original.jpg

ea38e1ee-90e1-40d0-8b27-d84b60d0c3ed-original.jpg
Really nice.

Now that's how you decorate a wall. Some nice gits to go with those amps.

L Newman

Reaction score
Hi. A new member. Had my 20C for just over a month. Really like it but still working on getting the tone I want out of it. Need more time with it a gig volume. Have come back to a valve amp after 5+ years with a SS. Had a Marshall clone many years ago, but very happy to finally have the real thing.

tce63

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi. A new member. Had my 20C for just over a month. Really like it but still working on getting the tone I want out of it. Need more time with it a gig volume. Have come back to a valve amp after 5+ years with a SS. Had a Marshall clone many years ago, but very happy to finally have the real thing.

Hi and :welcome: to the forum, a great place

Origin 20C is a great amp, when I had mine i put a Greenback in it, and that sounds great

Cheers :cheers:

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
:cheers: :welcome: To the madness we like to call the Marshall Forum, I have the 50H and they are fine amps, most people complain of the lack of gain, but you would know that before you purchase it.
I love mine and I have dodgy clips of it all over the forum.
Cheers to getting your tones from your new bad ass amp.
Cheers Mitch

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks. The gain is fine for me (blues/rock). Haven't had the opportunity yet to play it at 20W. Hopefully soon - booked a room.
You my brother are going to love it, in recent past couple of weeks, I have only been going to the half power setting, still rocks hard , and I love the mxr 10 band eq in front of the amp.
Cheers Mitch

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
I find I'm leaving the boost on all the time (using a Strat).

Are you using the EQ as an additional/alternative boost? Set flat? Otherwise?

L
I am setting it to a slight frown , my boost is always on, and as of just recently, I have pulled the clean boosts off of the chain, it will take me a minute but I will bring a pic of the. 10 band eq

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
yes,i suspect if it could take a 12",they would have released it with one,12" is pretty much the standard for us old fashioned guitar players.
I do know that Micky put a 12” in lieu of a 10” in one of his smaller combos, but I cannot remember which one, it would be pretty tight but I would not rule it out.
Cheers Mitch

Graham G

Reaction score
Did you put one in? If so, what? And how did it sound?

I took the easy way out & bought the Head.:(

An update to this,i've just seen a 20C on ebay with a 12"Creamback fitted,it's a brand new dealer sale,which they say they modify to take the 12" speaker,they route the opening themselves.
So it looks like it is possible.

Last edited:

progrockabuse

Reaction score
Finally got a chance to try out just running the head straight out of the DI out into my Focusrite interface and into logic on my mac. No speaker cab connected, just have to make sure the DI is connected before switching on the amp. Sounded pretty good, though sounded a little woolly with it's built-in cab sim on the DI. Bit of channel EQ to smooth it out and it was sounding pretty banging. I can crank it up to a sweet crunch/breakup and listen to it through my studio monitors.

Marshall 1
Complaining neighbours 0

Latest posts