• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

The Official McDonald's thread

• Thread starter Vinsanitizer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GibsonMarshallGuy47

Reaction score
having McDonalds's food for me and my family is an extremely rare occurrence. that being said, maybe once or twice a year, we might grab some if we want a really quick, easy meal and we cannot decide what to have for dinner. sometimes the meal is moderately satisfying, and other times it may be less than satisfying, for whatever reason that could have to do with a number of different factors.

the bottom line is - having fast food for a meal is definitely not a regular thing for us, nor should it be for anyone.

Deftone

Reaction score
I do not love McDonald's. I never have. McDonald's is about last on the fast food list for me.

I used to love KFC and Arby's, back when their quality standards were much higher. Now I love Popeye's.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
Ew. McDonalds coffee tastes like watered-down Keurig, which is already bad.
my problem w/ restaurant coffee, is...

they never clean the pots or the brewing parts throughout the day, & you can taste it. After a few pots, the residue on the bottom of the pot gets burned, then you get burnt coffee taste the rest of the day. If they don't clean out the filter can, then it starts tasting nasty...

Once coffee starts tasting like that, there's not enough additives/sweetener that can fix it.

Sure, you get sweetened burnt coffee that tastes like putrid waste... butt it's still nasty, even if you add a pound of sugar...

SonVolt

VIP Member
Reaction score
my problem w/ restaurant coffee, is...

they never clean the pots or the brewing parts throughout the day, & you can taste it. After a few pots, the residue on the bottom of the pot gets burned, then you get burnt coffee taste the rest of the day. If they don't clean out the filter can, then it starts tasting nasty...

Once coffee starts tasting like that, there's not enough additives/sweetener that can fix it.

Sure, you get sweetened burnt coffee that tastes like putrid waste... butt it's still nasty, even if you add a pound of sugar...

You should see the Keurig machine at my work. You can run a blank/empty shot and the water is so cloudy you can't see through it. Like pond water. And people line up to drink it.

ikillintel

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ew. McDonalds coffee tastes like watered-down Keurig, which is already bad.
I live in a small town and our McD's is owned by a local family...they clean there pots and machine, I've never gotten burnt coffee from them. I buy the premium medium roast and I have a commercial bunn coffee maker (got it off amazon for $350) here at the house. The coffee tastes amazing, I like it... cleaning your coffee maker and pot regularly helps, I use bunn tabs. I also have a Keurig and like Death Wish Coffee, the dark roast, but those are expensive and I use them sparingly.

nortiks

Reaction score
When I was about 7 my dad would take me for a cheeseburger, fries and a "big orange soda" at this place called Griffs back in the '60's. He'd pay about two 25 cent pieces for both our meals and maybe get a couple of pennies change. The food was about the same size and quality as McDogfoods (what my teens call McDonalds). The 25 cent pieces were made of 90% silver back then. Fast forward to today, if you have a couple of those silver quarters from the 1960s laying around you can sell them for their silver content and get enough paper money to buy the same two meals today at McDogfoods.

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Currently living in a van down by the river.
When I was about 7 my dad would take me for a cheeseburger, fries and a "big orange soda" at this place called Griffs back in the '60's. He'd pay about two 25 cent pieces for both our meals and maybe get a couple of pennies change. The food was about the same size and quality as McDogfoods (what my teens call McDonalds). The 25 cent pieces were made of 90% silver back then. Fast forward to today, if you have a couple of those silver quarters from the 1960s laying around you can sell them for their silver content and get enough paper money to buy the same two meals today at McDogfoods.
"McDogfood's". :applause:

circles

Reaction score
I will, on occasion, buy a cup of coffee there. Admittedly, maybe fries at the drive through on the way home from a show. Otherwise the thought of eating a 'meal' there kinda turns my stomach.

I do go to Burger Blast though.

ikillintel

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its so easy to make a healthy burger. I implore y’all to put your apron on.

View attachment 142105
Looks yummy! We do cook about twice a week, but it's cheaper to go out and eat... I can go to a steak house, Mexican, Chinese, Japanese, food truck or local mom & pop and eat cheaper than I can cook the same meal at home. Groceries are stupid high... $50.00 doesn't get you anything anymore! I remember when I was a kid and my mother could fill a grocery cart for that.