• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

The Official McDonald's thread

• Thread starter Vinsanitizer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JeffMcLeod

Reaction score
Costs go up for everyone. A bag of Doritos is $7.00, a rib roast is a hunnert.

We can't expect a Model T to remain $800.

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Currently living in a van down by the river.
Costs go up for everyone. A bag of Doritos is $7.00, a rib roast is a hunnert.

We can't expect a Model T to remain $800.
Point is, you not only pay more, but you get less and with poorer quality.

Fix this problem Jeff. Fix it right now.

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
McD's is inedible and NOT FOOD regardless of portion size or cost.

I used to like a Big Mac on occasion. Last time I had one it just wasn't good in ANY way.

I could get a fresh one, put it on the roof of my house, and watch it petrify over the next few months. Literally, wildlife won't eat it.

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
McD's is inedible and NOT FOOD regardless of portion size or cost.

I used to like a Big Mac on occasion. Last time I had one it just wasn't good in ANY way.

I could get a fresh one, put it on the roof of my house, and watch it petrify over the next few months. Literally, wildlife won't eat it.
Not sure if you noticed, but we're not talking about McDonald's anymore. It's 2024. Everything is different now. Everything is more serious than ever before, ever.

Get with the program, Matt. Conform or be cast out.

:D

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
Conform? Never. Stay up to date on the topic as it changes? That'd require me to bother to read the irrelevant comments of people I never met and don't care about their opinions anyway. Nah, too much work. :cool:

ikillintel

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Conform? Never. Stay up to date on the topic as it changes? That'd require me to bother to read the irrelevant comments of people I never met and don't care about their opinions anyway. Nah, too much work. :cool:
I call BS. You've been here far to long and made quite a few posts not to know any of these guys, care about their opinions or make a real friend. C'mon now... its ok to say, do you wanna be my neighbor 😆

Wildeman

Reaction score
Well, 1/4 pounder deluxe with bacon is pretty damn good 🍻

Dave_11

Reaction score
I really don't know why this topic is even an issue. Shrinkflation has been around forever. Consider the size and price of candy bars over the past 70 years...

1950s 5 cents

bar-1.jpg

1970s 25 cents

bar-2.jpg

2000s $1.00

bar-3.jpg

2024 $5.00

bar-4.jpg

2030 $10,000

bugs.jpg

Candy bars are obviously unsustainable. Now shut up and eat your bugs!

Last edited:

Caffeinated

Reaction score
Bit early to call it, but capitalism always had a fatal flaw; resources aren't infinite and so neither is growth. Eventually you end up where we are where wages are held down to increase profits because supply costs are higher than desired but are hitting takings because increasing numbers of your customers can't afford to be your customers anymore. The current point is basically sitting on a seesaw while the system tries to find an equilibrium where suppliers financiers and shareholders aren't too pissed off but people can still afford to be customers. Fun times.

Sorry that's a bit serious for this time of morning!

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Bit early to call it, but capitalism always had a fatal flaw; resources aren't infinite and so neither is growth. Eventually you end up where we are where wages are held down to increase profits because supply costs are higher than desired but are hitting takings because increasing numbers of your customers can't afford to be your customers anymore. The current point is basically sitting on a seesaw while the system tries to find an equilibrium where suppliers financiers and shareholders aren't too pissed off but people can still afford to be customers. Fun times.

Sorry that's a bit serious for this time of morning!
What's your proposed solution to capitalism, if capitalism is flawed as you say?

Gutch220

Reaction score
It's pretty bad when McDonald's cheeseburgers are closer to the size of White Castle burgers.
And a combo meal is over $10.
These companies can't continue to trim the quality of their products in small incremental amounts in the hopes we won't realize it. There's only so-much they can cut. The same goes for taxes. The government keeps getting closer & closer to taxing the people 100% and once they hit this mark they'll be finished. Hopefully we're all gone by then.

kilroy

Reaction score
I guess you guys haven't noticed that EVERYTHING costs more now? Maybe it's just 'cause I'm old, but to me the 20 years of low inflation we had before COVID was the anomaly, not the other way around. People complaining about 7% mortgages when back in the 80's they were 14%.

I haven't noticed that McD's cheeseburgers have gotten smaller, but they've def gotten more $$. Just 3 years ago you could get a double cheeseburger for $1.99. Quarter Pounders are still a quarter pound. McNuggets may have gotten smaller, but who the f*** eats those pieces of garbage as an adult? It's toddler food dude, step away from the nugget.

Five Guys is outrageously expensive, and once the novelty wore off, I realized their burgers were just overpriced grease buckets. (side note, i once almost slipped and fell in a Five Guys because the floors were so damned greasy my sneakers were like ice skates)

As for pub burgers? I don't know where you go, but where I live a burger in a pub costs $12, and it's a 50/50 on whether it's better or worse than a Quarter pounder.

The one that pisses me off is ice cream. Used to buy a 1/2 gallon, now they're 1 1/2 quarts (thats 25% less for you furiners that do metric)

Mrmadd

Reaction score
A Chem analysis of the MDs milk shake reveals plastic polymer molecules to create thickness

Mrmadd

Reaction score
What about a Chinese cricket burger
Great protein

Mrmadd

Reaction score
In the film "Meet your Meat" they describe that most or the diseased cows are ground up for burger and not butchered for nice cuts.

That movie is more frightening than Chuckie 1 2 3 4 or 50

This is making me hungry for a fast food burger
%%$%#$%^&&^$$#$%%$$#$%^^ fuck

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
In the film "Meet your Meat" they describe that most or the diseased cows are ground up for burger and not butchered for nice cuts.

That movie is more frightening than Chuckie 1 2 3 4 or 50

This is making me hungry for a fast food burger
%%$%#$%^&&^$$#$%%$$#$%^^ fuck
Actual size:
iu