• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

The Silver Jubilee Cult

• Thread starter Australian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JacksonCharvelAddict

Reaction score
Has anyone used the amp this way. I have a 2525h. Use the clean channel MV/8 and Input gain 7. This bypasses all the diode clippings. Then I boost it with my TS9. The amp is so much brighter like an 800. This is so cool because you can use the darker Jub tone but also get that brighter 800 tone in one amp. What a versitle amp.

I have run mine that way but I think with the input gain at 7 diodes would still be engaged. Someone more familiar with with internals would have to verify that.

JacksonCharvelAddict

Reaction score
No diodes on the clean Ch unless the pull rhythm clip is pulled. It's pretty close to a Hiwatt DR that way.

Thanks. I also noticed the Hiwatt like sound out of the clean channel. The lead channel has a Wizard vibe to me. With different power tubes you could probably make it sound similar to an SLO.

Marshall Arts

Reaction score
I bought a 1987 2554 combo last year. Scandinavian SEM model with only 4 and 8 ohm outputs. It limits the amp quite a bit without the 16ohm tap on the OT. But the stock Celestion Vintage sounds amazing. So I'm not changing the OT for now. And a future cab can always be impedance matched easily anyway. Nah, best to keep it stock, right?

I am very pleased with this amp and I will never sell it.

giam23

Reaction score
I do the
I don’t channel switch so I just dime the output master and use lead master as volume control.
opposite, input gain around 8, dime the lead master and use the output master as a master

JacksonCharvelAddict

Reaction score
I do the

opposite, input gain around 8, dime the lead master and use the output master as a master

From the testing I have done it kinda depends on whether you are channel switching or not as to how you run the volumes. I have heard that if you run the master high and the lead volume low that you will get less gain on the lead channel. Generally I don't use clean tones very often so running the master high and lead low worked better for me.

JacksonCharvelAddict

Reaction score
Finally an image that I can post showing off my 2 -2555X's and 2- 2551AV cabs . Also the Radial Big Shot ABY pedal which Jethro Rocker recommended for me to run both amps thru . Thank You Jethro Rocker !

Is that a Gibson amp on the bottom left? Looks similar to the little Skylark I had a while back.

El Gringo

Reaction score
Is that a Gibson amp on the bottom left? Looks similar to the little Skylark I had a while back.
All Fender amps , the one on the bottom is a Silver Face Fender Twin Reverb . The one on top is a Fender Prosonic , and off picture is the Brownface Fender Super , and also the Fender Supersonic Twin . Since I got the Marshall's the Fender's are collecting dust .

JacksonCharvelAddict

Reaction score
All Fender amps , the one on the bottom is a Silver Face Fender Twin Reverb . The one on top is a Fender Prosonic , and off picture is the Brownface Fender Super , and also the Fender Supersonic Twin . Since I got the Marshall's the Fender's are collecting dust .

Ah nice. I guess the Gibsons are just copies of the Fender amps anyway so that explains why they look similar. Great collection you have there.

Music Saves lives

Reaction score
I would like to ask if a jcm 100/50 model 2555 would be the same as the 87 sj circut. The person selling states that they are but just wanted confirmation. The amp is black and gold with same layout as sj but made in 1988 in the style of jcm. I am a huge Red Hot Chili Peppers fan and want to buy the exact vintage amp that Frushianti used. I do think that the details and small changes to the circut matter but just wanted to run this by the group to see opinions. Thnaks for any help

El Gringo

Reaction score
I would like to ask if a jcm 100/50 model 2555 would be the same as the 87 sj circut. The person selling states that they are but just wanted confirmation. The amp is black and gold with same layout as sj but made in 1988 in the style of jcm. I am a huge Red Hot Chili Peppers fan and want to buy the exact vintage amp that Frushianti used. I do think that the details and small changes to the circut matter but just wanted to run this by the group to see opinions. Thnaks for any help
I want to say yes , as the Silver Tolex with the 50th badge was used in 87 and then in 88 it was covered in the traditional tolex with the Black and gold faceplate . Pictures would be nice to confirm .

XTRXTR

Reaction score
Does it sound bad if I say I had two 2550s but disliked them and was so annoyed that I stripped one of them, gutted it, threw away the chassis and the head cab, kept the iron and scratch built that silver rack mount 2204 in my avatar?

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
Yes. As mentioned 1988 models were same thing but in black.

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
Does it sound bad if I say I had two 2550s but disliked them and was so annoyed that I stripped one of them, gutted it, threw away the chassis and the head cab, kept the iron and scratch built that silver rack mount 2204 in my avatar?
Yes.
Could have sold it as is and simply bought trannies.
But whatever floats your boat.

Music Saves lives

Reaction score
Does the price of 3,500 seem fair for 88 2555? Given its not origional owner I thought of offering 3,000 even and just wanted to get estamate of value from anyone who can help. Thanks for the info so far. Just a big purchase for me.