The solid state Marshall

• Thread starter louis30092
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

louis30092

Reaction score
Because of old wiring in my house I'm going solid state. What would be the perfect solid state Marshall combo be to compliment a 100 watt Fender Tone Master Deluxe Reverb solid state?

I usually use the fender to loop the chords and the Marshall to play the lead.

Mostly 60s and 70s blues rock.

Thanks.

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because of old wiring in my house I'm going solid state. What would be the perfect solid state Marshall combo be to compliment a 100 watt Fender Tone Master Deluxe Reverb solid state?
Have you considered a power conditioner?

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here ya go, this'll make your 100w Fender sound like a backing track.
1678416684146.png

paul-e-mann

Reaction score

Mostly 60s and 70s blues rock.

Thanks.
I have no idea what youre getting at about your house wiring but do as you will. :shrug:

A Lead 12 and a Mosfet 100 seem to be the go to solid state Marshalls...

'2204'

Reaction score
I love my Marshall SS 30w '5010' combo--it`s was made in the 80s & sounds pretty close to a 'raging' single channel JCM 800 2204 when the preamp vol. is maxed.

punchingboy

Reaction score
I have one too. Nice amp. I think i liked the sound of the master lead combo better(but never compared side by side) but it doesn't have reverb, loop, or split channel.

Compact and sounds awesome turned up! No plans to ever get rid of it.

TonalEuphoria

Reaction score
Because of the wiring? Yeah that doesn't make any sense to me either. You're alway going to have to deal with dirty and imperfect power. That's just the way it is. You deal with it with power conditioners and noise gates.

Brian Krashpad

Reaction score
…I like the 80’s solid states best. Lead 12, 5210, mosfet 100, etc. they’re mostly the same family of amp, just varying sizes and features

^This. At one point I had four of them. I sold the Mosfet 2x12 "Reverb Twin," as 100W was more than I really needed, plus it was almost as heavy as a tube 2x12. I still have the smaller ones.

Marshall Stack Fourex Garage Tower of Power.jpg

'2204'

Reaction score
My favorite s.s. Marshall from that era. Imo What the lead 12 should have been
I`m not familiar w/ the Lead 12 amp except that it`s popular. How does it differ from the 5010? [btw I love mine--pretty close in tones to my other 2 amps as I use a pedal to get them 'ramped up'/'hot-rodded' a little at the, unfortuanelty, home & late night volumes. However for me the 5010 doesn`t need a pedal as it`s 'ramped up' on its own even at lower volumes--just my opinion of course.]

PelliX

Reaction score
Uhm, with all due respect, if the *wiring* in your house is causing you to consider moving to solid state amps you need to take a step back and reconsider your situation. Honestly if that's causing you such trouble it's likely a fire hazard too. Fix or get the wiring fixed and use the amp of your choice. :yesway:

Also agree with Fitz here on power conditioners. Not cheap, but surge protection certainly is and an old UPS is dirt cheap, too.