Turn off teH Chorus pleeze........

• Thread starter charveldan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Blisster

Reaction score
Just listened to the video.

Wow, you guys who think that was "hacked" MUST be some kind of ROCK GODS! Where can I get your autographs? I absolutely MUST see you play, so I may fall at your feet and worship.

Seriously, I always find it amusing when Internet Heroes slam established acts. Their performance is being filtered through "made for TV sound". On Jimmy Fallon!
What did you expect? How was your sound when you played on Jimmy Fallon? Post that link please.

I saw Priest on this your as well as on several tours before this song came out, and several tours after. Lets see that goes back what, 30 years!!! Every time I saw them they ROCKED!!! Yes they look old. They are old!!!

I can't wait to hear the thousands of your fans opinions of you in 30 years. Heck, lets save us both the time of waiting. Why don't you get 30 of your current fans to post how much better you are!!!!

I don't normally get upset by things like this but some of the comments seem especially IGNORANT.

As always this is IMO and YMMV.

Oh and while we're at it STAY OFF OF MY GRASS!

:lol::lol::lol:

Relax, Francis. Some of us just think there's a bit too much chorus in the mix there.
But yea, Priest still rocks.

rjohns1

Reaction score
Just listened to the video.

Wow, you guys who think that was "hacked" MUST be some kind of ROCK GODS! Where can I get your autographs? I absolutely MUST see you play, so I may fall at your feet and worship.

Seriously, I always find it amusing when Internet Heroes slam established acts. Their performance is being filtered through "made for TV sound". On Jimmy Fallon!
What did you expect? How was your sound when you played on Jimmy Fallon? Post that link please.

I saw Priest on this your as well as on several tours before this song came out, and several tours after. Lets see that goes back what, 30 years!!! Every time I saw them they ROCKED!!! Yes they look old. They are old!!!

I can't wait to hear the thousands of your fans opinions of you in 30 years. Heck, lets save us both the time of waiting. Why don't you get 30 of your current fans to post how much better you are!!!!

I don't normally get upset by things like this but some of the comments seem especially IGNORANT.

Mixed for TV sound will not, and does not hide fuckups like that. And the effects on that guy's rig sound like a beginner player playing around with effects for the first time, not a seasoned player. My 9 year old who doesn't play asked what was wrong with the guitars.

trobdcso

Reaction score
I listened to it, and I didn't mind it. It's a piece of shit recording, but it still made me want to pick up my guitar and start busting out that bad ass riff. It makes me want to run through a fucking wall.

trobdcso

Reaction score
I listened to it again with better head phones. It definitely has some issues. I like the original so much that I caught myself ignoring the mix.

NewReligion

VIP Member
Reaction score
ant_riv;474775]Just listened to the video.

Stay off of your grass? :wtf:

Since you quoted 'hacked" which was a word I used and feel qualified to use, I assume you were addressing me. So here is a little live display I have posted. And you good sir. Where is your public display of guitar talent?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4PwOTpPj6A]Marshall 2210/2205 JCM 800 & Boss SD-1 David C. Hopkins - YouTube[/ame]

David :cheers:

charveldan

Reaction score
Somewhere with a Friedman Marshall & Les Paul.
alg_judas-priest_rob-halford.jpg
..................:hmm: Always wondered about teH leather.

judas_priest_-_british_steel_a.jpg

judas_priest-screaming_for_vengeance.jpg

SFV & BS will always be Priest tone to me, not a fan of the Engl's.

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
Stay off of your grass? :wtf:

Since you quoted 'hacked" which was a word I used and feel qualified to use, I assume you were addressing me. So here is a little live display I have posted. And you good sir. Where is your public display of guitar talent?

Marshall 2210/2205 JCM 800 & Boss SD-1 David C. Hopkins - YouTube

David :cheers:

sheeit David, don't let the trolls squirel ya man. the locals know what's up bro (friendly shoulder nudge). silly remarks just make the rest of us laugh;)

and i ABSOLUTELY agree with your statement. There's nothing wrong with pointing out it wasn't up to snuff. doesn't mean you don't like or respect priest....it's fair imo.

and if he wants to check my creds they're in my sig as links.

i've got tempest and dragon demos with some weedly randomz to show my playing a bit. none of them really show it off per se but, that's coming soon;)

CAPDUNN

Reaction score
They were probably using 2 amps each, one wet and one dry. The wet signal got sent to the output for the TV mix. I have definitively seen better mixes on this show but that is the way it goes. Judas Priest is still playing the big arenas and always sound good live. They probably had way too much stage volume or didn't get their crumpets and tea backstage or something.:fingersx:

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
At the start there was too much chorus; it was better later in the mix though. Their new guitarist has the Randy Rhoads vibe goin' on. Who is this guitarist? Has he been in another popular band?

80s dude

Plenty of chorus on the original... less gain though.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWhInhE6emE]You've Got Another Thing Comin' - Judas Priest (Lyrics Included) - YouTube[/ame]