Turn off teH Chorus pleeze........

• Thread starter charveldan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
He played in a band with Steve Harris' (Iron Maiden) daughter. Her name's Lauren...

I see-he reminds me of Zak Wilde and Randy Rhoads:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf5xDRIWIDU]LAUREN HARRIS-STEAL YOUR FIRE OFFICIAL VIDEO - YouTube[/ame]

All4Tone

Reaction score
I still love that song and ya, maybe too much chorus on the solo, but whatever, it's rock & roll, who care if there's a bit of chorus on it that we wouldn't have done? It's just what it is...

Ken

Reaction score
OMG...so much Priest hatred! It's a live, one off song in a TV studio. Have you guys ever had to play just ONE song and you're done? Even for pros, it's not easy to be your best before you're into the set. I liked it myself, while I agree it wasn't a good enough take for a live album or anything it was fine.

Ken

axe arsenal

Reaction score
The main problem is that the new guy was too loud (overpowering Tipton and Halford). I don't write Priest off, yet, I saw them live in Belgium this summer and they were GREAT!! I hadn't heard Halford sing that good in years. Let's just say they had a bad moment with this appearance (not my favourite Priest song,BTW).

MonstersOfTheMidway

Reaction score
chorus was a little bit too much, but the performance was lively. The performance was good, so kudos on that to JP

dcooper830

Reaction score
Sounded fine to me. The original studio version had chorus on it too.

Glenn Tipton sounded a little rusty........ and the other guitarist sounded awesome.

But overall it wasn't bad IMO.

Some of you are just too hyper-critical.

Blisster

Reaction score
Sounded fine to me. The original studio version had chorus on it too.

Glenn Tipton sounded a little rusty........ and the other guitarist sounded awesome.

But overall it wasn't bad IMO.

Some of you are just too hyper-critical.

Hello and welcom to the marshall Forum. Here, we are ALL guitar gods, and we ALL play with 'Holy Grail' tone. We expect the same from EVERYONE.

jammattjam

Reaction score
Hes a good guitarist but not original. The only thing that reminds me of Randy is his LP. Everything else is straight from Zakk. I was waiting for him to pound his chest at the end... if I was in Priest...

charveldan

Reaction score
Somewhere with a Friedman Marshall & Les Paul.
I started this thread in jest.....i have like Priest for over 30 year and will continue i'm sure.

They do seem to be on a departure from their signature tone, if "another thing" had chorus on the original it sounded way better, just miss the in your face Marshall tone.

Guess they're helping sell Engl's.

ant_riv

Reaction score
I started this thread in jest.....i have like Priest for over 30 year and will continue i'm sure.

They do seem to be on a departure from their signature tone, if "another thing" had chorus on the original it sounded way better, just miss the in your face Marshall tone.

Guess they're helping sell Engl's.

This!

Me a troll? LOL

I am, was, and will continue to be amazed at how so much can be determined by a one song appearance on a TV show!

Excuse me, as I move along. Nothing to be learned here.

In my opinion and your opinion may differ.

:wave:

AudioWonderland

Reaction score
Not only too much chorus, but Halford was too low in the mix.

The playing didn't bother me. Tipton improv'd the solo a bit and didn't nail what he was trying to do but what ever. Its rock. If you don't screw up occasionally you aren't taking chances. The new guy was OK. He's not KK and shouldn't try to be

Both guitars however sounded like ass. Putting aside the obnoxious chorus effect, they both sounded like pissed off bees. Too much gain and no low end

Last edited:

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
I found the video upsetting. Not seeing KK up there just flat out sucks ... sorry, but there's no other way to put it. He's an integral part of the band, and it's just not the same.

I also hated the ENGL cabs ... again, it's just not the same.

I wish I never saw this.