USA bound. so where to .. ?!

• Thread starter Marshallmaniac
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
A lot of you are neglecting the fact that Disneyland is in California...

Tip: California is big. Going from county to county is like going from state to state in most areas. If you come (anyone) & go to Disney, send me some cash & I can get you the best deals (they have incentives for locals). CA has a varying landscape. In one day, you can go surfing in the ocean, go 4 wheeling &/or dirt biking in the desert, & go to the forest. You can go to the Hollywood Sunset Strip, the Hollywood Hills sign, Griffith Park Observatory, Palm Springs, Catalina Island, Las Vegas is a 5 hour drive (1 hour flight) from LA/OC. There are castles around, as well as mansions. There's ghost towns that look like old western movies.

Up north of us (5-6 hour drive) is Yosemite Ntnl Park (of Ansel Adam's fame) w/ King's Canyon & Sequoya Ntnl parks not too far away. CA Hwy 1 is one of the most scenic drives & Oct is the best time to drive it. It will take you a lot longer to get up north, but there's plenty of sights along the way, including Hearst' Castle, Big Sur, etc.

Do some google searches on what to do in CA & if something interests you, zoom in your search onto that particular event/scene.

SonVolt

VIP Member
Reaction score
Australia and the US are about the same size aren't they?

Including Alaska the US is slightly larger I think.

aust-usa-map.jpg

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
New York City. a must! An amazing city.
San Francisco surprised me. A really inspiring place.
Vegas. Once you get over the fact that Hugh Heffner owns half the joint its a place thats hard to leave.

Next time I go, I want to do the Canyon and visit the Native Indian sites.

SeanMichael

Reaction score
I actually recently got to visit Wyoming, and I have to say, that is one gorgeous place. A drive through the mountains, and really just a drive anywhere in the state. Theres just so much to take in.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
Easily mistaken for Disneyworld, which is in Florida.

Rent a car & check out Hollywood, then camp at Yosemite!
Hollywood FL, or CA?

JK! :lol:...

If there's a choice between the 2, I might opt for Epcot Center & Disney World. Going up the East coast is full of sites, especially Colonial American sites, & going on up to NY, etc. has a lot to offer.

If amusement parks is your thing, a couple miles from Disney Land, is Knott's Berry Farm & about 35 minute drive up north is Six Flags Magic Mountain (where the movie KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park was filmed). CA has tons, especially at beach sites such as the Santa Monica Pier & in San Diego & Santa Cruz (up North). On the same property as Disneyland, is California Adventure Park. Like I said, PM me & I'll see what deals they offer. Many x's they offer a park hopper ticket allowing you access to both parks, for the price of admission to 1. There's Golden Gate (bridge) Park (San Fransisco), which gets a lot of tourist visits.

Hollywood is full of attractions/clubs & Studio City has an entertainment area, as well as Downtown Disney.

If I'm not too busy, I can take you around for a bit on the weekend, show you some sites that only locals know about.

R.Kandy

Reaction score
If you're landing in L.A., head south (fast) to Orange County, stop by Disneyland, and Calif adventure park, then head east to Corona Ca. for the Fender Factory tour, then keep going east to Las Vegas, stay at the Hard Rock Hotel, kepp going east to Memphis, see Elvis's home, go to Clevland Ohio, for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, then to Florida ( for God's sake stay north of Miami) till you get to New York. Enjoy!

Marshallmaniac

Reaction score
Oh, and what about those clubs that Motley Crew n stuff used to play at in the early days. They worth seein? Can't remember the names?

CactusJack13

Reaction score
Or you could just visit San Francisco because... I don't know; it's San Francisco.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
How long will you be staying in the States? That will determine what you have time to see. You'll be arriving on the West Coast, do you have time and budget to travel to East Coast? South? North? etc.

poeman33

Reaction score
I'm not usually a touristy kind of guy...but San Fransisco was the exception. Went on a little tour, and it was great. Plan on lunch or dinner at Fisherman's wharf. A huge array of restaurants and great food. Best damn Chinese food I have ever had at a little corner place. Everyone in there spoke Chinese...even the menu was in Chinese. I just pointed. It wasn't expensive, but the most delicious stuff I have ever had. Other places vary in price and fancyness...but the food is fantastic.

Lyv2Ryd

Reaction score
NYC is a dump.
And so's New York State with its "fall tourism' and maple syrup.

I get the NYC thing, I like the country, but upstate? with its fall tourism is like saying- Tennessee with its country music. And syrup, Vermont man. We got apples. It aint the greatest state, but it ain't a dump.