What a nice looking Les Paul. What are some of your favorite Les Paul finishes?

• Thread starter Alt Freak
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alt Freak

Reaction score
It's called Pelham Blue Burst
Buy Gibson Custom Shop ‘57 Les Paul VOS Electric Guitar Pelham Blue Burst | Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Custom Guitars | The Music Zoo | 711664
12019_Gibson_Custom_57_Les_Paul_Pelham_Blue_Burst_711664_1.jpg

Top three Les Paul finishes for me as of now are: Pelham Blue Burst, Tobacco Burst, Silverburst

What about you guys?

johnemac

Reaction score
I'm with Grunch on this one...I like the classic colors the best. The Pelham blue doesn't do much for me personally. You can't beat a custom though!

Söulcaster

🎼🎵🎶☮️🇦🇺
VIP Member
Reaction score
The new ones announced at Musikmesse this year are pretty awesome looking, ill try and find some pics

Söulcaster

🎼🎵🎶☮️🇦🇺
VIP Member
Reaction score
a little off topic but check this out, still looking for the new range

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19OhSWuXePw]New Gibson Les Paul Standard @ Musikmesse 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

poeman33

Reaction score
I've always liked the old bursts. I had a tobacco sunburst.
The Les Paul I didn't buy, but should have in the 80's, had the most unique finish. I don't know what they called it. Midnight Blue Lightnng or something like that. Reminded me of Frampton's...but different. It was a dark blue cloudy finish and looked like it had lightning running through the finish. I've never seen another one like it again.

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Heritage Cherry / GoldTop / Ebony (in that order) ... the rest I'm kind of ho-hum about.

Least favorite = SilverBurst

V-man

Reaction score
I'm and Ebony and Alpine guy (ebony board mandatory)

That said, I can appreciate someone else's burst with a rosewood board. If I set out to make my own style (can we say "delusional sig-series anticipation"?) mine would be a deep green plaintop or dark green burst with ebony board.

tm0099

Reaction score
Lightburst (got it)
Tabacco burst (GASing for, can't afford it!)
Wine red (circa 1990/1) wannit, can't afford it!

Actually writing it all down like this is kinda therapeutic. All of a sudden realise how lucky i am to have one of my dream guitars, feel like i shouldn't be greedy.

Thanks guys, the GASing's done for now so credit card and grief from the missus saved, for now!