What Is Your Favorite Brand Of Guitars?

ricksconnected

Reaction score
My dad passed away at the age of 57 when I was 23 , nothing like your dad passing when you were so young . My condolences

thank you very much. never did get to send out a mothers day or fathers day card in my life.
don't take your family and loved ones existence for granted people. do your best to reach out
and heal any wounds between you. its worth every second in doing so no matter
the out come.

Barfly

Expert bottle opener.
Reaction score
dude this......
this is a cool question and I feel where your coming from,
but damn this is gonna be hard for us older guys..

I'm with Rick. If I had to pick 1 brand it's Wayne guitars. But I've got others that are also awesome.
I love: Anderson, Jackson, 48th St. Custom (esp). Great stuff out there.

I own three Wayne guitars and they're built for speed. Real sexy guitars. Having said that I also can do blues with them and they clean up very well. They have great necks with oil finishes, which I insist on. In my opinion it's the way to go.

You get to have it made your way with Wayne guitars. Ex They crafted one for me with an ebony neck plus flame maple skunk stripe, ebony fret board, walnut body. They sound dynamite. They feel wonderful. Michael Charvel is awesome to deal with. A real gentleman and helpful.

They also have a couple of guitars they build that they sell cheaper than the real custom stuff. They usually sell around christmas time.

Last edited:

Trelwheen

Delicious AND Satisfying
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it would be easy to pick three favorite brands but the more I thought about it the more I realized I don't have favorite brands so much as I have favorite guitars. A great instrument is great no matter who made it.

To illustrate what I mean, I can go in a music store and play twenty Strats and not like any of them. But one of my favorite guitars is a Strat.

Guitars are like people to me I guess...I don't have any particular favorite KIND of people, I sorta choose the ones I want to hang with based on their individual merits and personalities

As a result, although I have a fair wad of guitars it's a pretty eclectic mix with no more than two from the same maker. I never did get the guys who collect rows and rows of LPs or Teles etc. although if that's their thing I'm just as happy for them as I am for me

justinrhoads80

Reaction score
As a result, although I have a fair wad of guitars it's a pretty eclectic mix with no more than two from the same maker. I never did get the guys who collect rows and rows of LPs or Teles etc. although if that's their thing I'm just as happy for them as I am for me

I agree with this to some degree. For example I wouldn't collect rows upon rows of Jackson Soloists. Although I would probably in the future have 3-5 USA soloist, they will all be different. Not one will be the same. One might be an all mahogany while another one is alder body and maple neck. One might have a flame top/quilt top and one might just have a gloss black finish. One might have Emgs or BKP or Blackouts. I try to make all my guitars different from each other, but I feel if I like something from a certain brand and I find something similar to a product that I have now, I will mostly like that same product.

I like to have variety. I don't want 2 guitars that look the same or have the same this and that

BowerR64

Reaction score
I like Charvel, the jackson headstock charvels use to be my favorite but i prefer the fender style charvels now.

Had a few in the past still have my 80s model 1 with an edge trem and EMG 85

El Gringo

Reaction score
thank you very much. never did get to send out a mothers day or fathers day card in my life.
don't take your family and loved ones existence for granted people. do your best to reach out
and heal any wounds between you. its worth every second in doing so no matter
the out come.
So true , and that is great advice

Iwanarock

Reaction score
Great thread and harder choice to make then first and i agree with Trelwheen above
I realized I don't have favorite brands so much as I have favorite guitars. A great instrument is great no matter who made it.

To illustrate what I mean, I can go in a music store and play twenty Strats and not like any of them. But one of my favorite guitars is a Strat.

1-Fender brands
2- Gibson
3- PRS

My first guitar was a 1970's (not sure the exact year) MicroFret Swinger which i still have to this day. The were only made for like 7 years or so by by a company in Maryland and actually were decent guitars and a little unique and not a bad guitar

upload_2018-2-22_13-56-5.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-22_13-54-16.jpeg
    upload_2018-2-22_13-54-16.jpeg
    6.2 KB · Views: 2

Guitarpsycho

Reaction score
1. Epiphone - love their premium stuff (probably keeping Gibson afloat)
2. Squier- same
3. Harley Benton- cheap and nice quality

I can't afford Gibson, Fender

custom53

Reaction score
My first Favorite Guitar is my 1981 Hamer Special that I bought new in 1981.. Then my second Favorite Guitar is my 1991 EBMM EVH.. But in the last few years my Les Pauls have become my favorite guitars. I have many other brands that I play also, but I always seem to go to my Les Pauls first..

81Special.jpg

EBMM EVH 1.jpg

3 Amigos.jpg

Shae201

Reaction score
American B.C. Rich superstrats20170808_060108-1512x2016.jpg
American Jacksons and Japanese Charvels
Screenshot_20180225-203010-540x960.png 20171026_195236-2016x1512.jpg

Reactions: SRD

Latest posts