What Is Your Favorite Brand Of Guitars?

KraftyBob

Reaction score
1. PRS
Tied for 2nd: Fender/Ibanez

Have a PRS Custom 22 that looks like a piece of museum art hanging on my wall. Plays even better - like butter. Plus it's relatively light.

Had a love/hate relationship with my Ibanez RG - loved the neck and trem - hated how muddy it got at higher volumes. Thought about selling it more times than I can remember. Then the lightbulb went off and I swapped the bridge pup with a DiMarzio ToneZone. She's not going anywhere now. Near future I'm pulling the single coil, replacing the neck pup and putting in a 3-way switch.

Was always a humbucker guy so never had any interest in a Strat. Lately my tastes have expanded and decided I had a sonic void to fill. With the help of the sales guy at a local music store I blind tested three of them. The one that did it for me? MIM Standard - go figure. To me it overall it felt better than the American Special and Professional. I had to try them again because I couldn't believe I liked it better. Will probably block the trem as I never use it on that.

J E H

Reaction score
Subjective question!
LPcustom2007 model - very good for recording - near perfect intonations - reliable for live.
Ibanez JEM (SV series) - great for recording - less than reliable for live - difficult to change strings - BUT, it often sounds more like a Fender that any Fender- cool neckshape. I have an older PRS Santana series -- beautiful guitar (red) -- a little difficult to play - however, 2nd to none for slide recording.

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Currently living in a van down by the river.
For me it'll always be Gibson (primarily Les Pauls).
Otherwise, Fender Strats, Teles and then Jazzm's.

After that I doubt I'd have any interest in playing an electric guitar. I'd likely own a Martin acoustic and some quality brand of mandolin (and it wouldn't be a $10K+ Gibson F5, that's for sure).

MarshallDog

Reaction score
For me it'll always be Gibson (primarily Les Pauls).
Otherwise, Fender Strats, Teles and then Jazzm's.

After that I doubt I'd have any interest in playing an electric guitar. I'd likely own a Martin acoustic and some quality brand of mandolin (and it wouldn't be a $10K+ Gibson F5, that's for sure).

Double down that for me...100% Vin!

Reaction score
MIJ Fujigen Orville/ epiphone, Tokai, Edwards /Navigator, Greco, Bacchus, Yamaha, Burny. I only buy Japanese guitars

Anything made by Matsumoku in the 1970's are good value also.
They understood how to make a guitar neck that stays straight.

Has anyone here ever played a late 70's TAMA acoustic ? Made with the best materials by Ibanez using real mahogany, spruce and ebony.
The TG series are an exceptionally fine example of the craftsman's art.

Japanese guitars are a bit like Honda 750/4's .. when I was a young bloke people called em Jap Crap but now they have become quite collectable.

Coronado

Reaction score
Gibson, PRS, Charvelle. But I will say, not by a mile. Recently I've picked up some different guitars like ESP, Jackson, Ibanez, and have been very impressed. I recently played a BC Rich (Mockingbird?) that shocked the hell out of me.

justinrhoads80

Reaction score
Gibson, PRS, Charvelle. But I will say, not by a mile. Recently I've picked up some different guitars like ESP, Jackson, Ibanez, and have been very impressed. I recently played a BC Rich (Mockingbird?) that shocked the hell out of me.

Did you pick up Import Jacksons or USA's? Also I tried a mockingbird myself and I didn't like the way it felt on my. I remember that something pressed against me and found that annoying.

AlvisX

Garage Guerrilla
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't really have a favorite brand
I do have over 20 Gibsons ,so I suppose I like them

PU239

Reaction score
1 quality guitar is better than 10 shit guitars.

In no order, the best quality today is

PRS
Kiesel
Rickenbacker
Taylor
Suhr

Jam81

Reaction score
My biased top 3:

1. Gibson (custom shop)
2. Gibson (USA)
3. Fender

Haven't played much of other brands but don't really like their sound and specially how the look so why bother?

Latest posts