What's Your Favorite Wah?

• Thread starter speyfly
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

speyfly

Reaction score
Over the years I've owned many wah's (3 others in a box somewhere) but never found one that I really liked until I picked this one up. Bought it new right before it was discontinued and if it broke I'd get it fixed, if unfixable I'd buy one used. The sweep is wide, stroke is long and very controllable and has an awesome controllable tone. Thought I had broke mine the other day but it's OK now once I was able to removed the jack tip that broke off in it when I stepped on the jack.

weeping demon.JPG

What's your go to wah?

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Ive only owned a Dunlop Crybaby, I know theres lots of wahs out there but I figured theyre all pretty much the same thing so I havent tried any others. Plus its an effect thats used sparingly so there hasnt been an urgency to try others, the one I have works fine.

blue

Reaction score
I've stuck with a Dunlop Zakk Wylde Wah for many years, it just works for me. I have an old Crybaby that's a bit mellower, and a Sonuus Wah-Hoo which is ridiculously versatile, but for just a straight wah without any fuss I use the Wylde

bhatta

Reaction score
Same here @paul-e-mann

Haven't much experimented with Wahs. My GCB95 works fine. Yeah, i opened and tweaked it a bit to my liking.

Options are endless and pricey too. But i am happy with my Crybaby.
When seldom used, I use it cocked, less for sweep.

lespaul339

Reaction score
I have an RMC Wizard wah. It's the cat's meow.

bild_115266507334.jpg

I've tried a few different wahs out over the years, but this one is my favorite.

Deftone

Reaction score
Ive only owned a Dunlop Crybaby, I know theres lots of wahs out there but I figured theyre all pretty much the same thing so I havent tried any others. Plus its an effect thats used sparingly so there hasnt been an urgency to try others, the one I have works fine.
Same...but I sold mine years ago. I modded mine to have a spring return on the pedal and I always wanted the wah to work in reverse but I never got around to modding it. I believe there are wahs out there that might have those mods.

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
Started in around 1979 with a mid 70s Morley fuzz wah. Still the gnarliest sounding. But very big for a board and huge AC cable.

uoo0gvko8uxfkobx4tee.jpg

I went to a newer series Morley Distortion wah then finally a Mini Morley. Less real estate on board.

lg_333802.jpg

But, eventually I wanted something even smaller for my small board with a more convenient On Off switch.

Hate to admit the cheap Mooer wah is it. Very small, On Off with the pedal, has a variable Q AND minimum volume setting when used as a volume pedal. Seems to have more throw in a better range than the Morley. So I have one on the big board now too and I am not a cheapskate, I will pay for quality.
Go figure.

I still have all these wahs.

vt8z22itfgdhatebiuxz.jpg