YJM100 - 'The Ultimate Plexi' thread!

• Thread starter Holme
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

duncan11

Reaction score
Guys, I really don't understand this amp. How can it sound better than I remember every time I play it?

Of course, my playing is always worse than I remember, but that's my fault.

I know the exact feeling you are describing. I've even been playing my AFD less :wow: for me two of my guitars sound their best thru the YJM, Goldie and page.

Redstone

Reaction score
I literally can't get enough of my YJM. I absolutely love it! It's perfect for me, I'm so glad the guys on here convinced me to go for it over the other amps I was considering. I would love an AFD too, but the YJM is better for me, I ended up getting a JCM1 for my Slush tonez and what not. AFDs were 1600 0ver here new and some guy is trying to flog one for 2k second hand, knowing that there are only like 5 in Ireland. I would love it, but at that price, he can keep it! :lol:

duncan11

Reaction score
I literally can't get enough of my YJM. I absolutely love it! It's perfect for me, I'm so glad the guys on here convinced me to go for it over the other amps I was considering. I would love an AFD too, but the YJM is better for me, I ended up getting a JCM1 for my Slush tonez and what not. AFDs were 1600 0ver here new and some guy is trying to flog one for 2k second hand, knowing that there are only like 5 in Ireland. I would love it, but at that price, he can keep it! :lol:

Yeah he'll have it a while at that price. Same as the guys on ebay here who hock them for 2800 or try to

Redstone

Reaction score
Yeah he'll have it a while at that price. Same as the guys on ebay here who hock them for 2800 or try to

I might offer him 1k for it and see what he says. That is around $1.3k. I can't wait for his reaction :lol:

j-co

Reaction score
I'm still over the moon with this amp. I've really liked a lot of amps, but this one blows my mind every time it gets turned on. I can't figure why, but it does sound better each time it's fired up. Tough to get my head around that one.

Oh, and louder too. :dude:

chinesexrocks

Reaction score
I'm still over the moon with this amp. I've really liked a lot of amps, but this one blows my mind every time it gets turned on. I can't figure why, but it does sound better each time it's fired up. Tough to get my head around that one.

Oh, and louder too. :dude:

I think it's pretty much just the amp getting burned in, I can't wait until a few years from now to hear how it sounds.

Holme

VIP Member
Reaction score
where.jpg

:wow:

Ealdst

Reaction score
Anyone tried a Rockbox Baby Blues with the YJM yet? Been considering getting one for a long time now and might finally bite the bullet when I get paid at the end of the month. Also might get an audio interface so I can embarrass myself by posting some recordings :p.

John 14:6

Reaction score
Yngwie Malmsteen will be Oscar Jordan's guest on the next episode of Oscar's Guitar Shop which can be heard on line on LA Talk Radio every Friday at 2:00 PST. You can always listen to the pod cast any time after the show once they post it if you miss the original broadcast. Oscar always has great players on and he does an excellent job with the interviews. I figure there are more than a few Yngwie fans amongst us YJM100 owners. They always talk gear on Oscar's Guitar Shop so I am sure they will talk about the YJM100. I just saw Yngwie in concert in San Diego last night and he was incredible as always. The opening band had a guitarist names Ethan Brosh who was a full blown MONSTER player.:thumb:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9ZsC_dgS8U"]Ethan Brosh (featuring george lynch) DOWNWARD SPIRAL Music Video - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf_ROPmvw-A"]Interview with Ethan Brosh of Burning Heat, April 27, 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

kingbee

Reaction score
Okay, I know this has been discussed alot but I finally found a solution for a solo boost that works for me. I use a volume knob pedal built by Road Rage at the end of my effects loop as a "cut". I have it on with a volume reduction for rhythm and turn if off for a solo boost. The only problem was losing tone while it was on. I put my MXR CAE MC-401 Boost Line Driver Pedal right at the end and all my tone is back.

Redstone

Reaction score
I could probably get a used 1960AX cab for a very good price. What do you guys think? Should I get this over the 1960A cab?

Go with it, unless you want to crank your amp in 100 watt more with no EPA. You could always just slap it in 50watt mode if you want to crank it, it's not that much quieter. I'd say go for the 1960AX :thumb:

AllenCollinsExplorer

Reaction score
Go with it, unless you want to crank your amp in 100 watt more with no EPA. You could always just slap it in 50watt mode if you want to crank it, it's not that much quieter. I'd say go for the 1960AX :thumb:

Yeah, that's the only problem I thought about with this cab. But where in the world would you want to crank this amp to maximum? I think that nobody out there will like it if you crank a Plexi all the way up and the guys in the audience will have to handle 130db! :wow:

You could already use it as a weapon of mass destruction!! :D

:thumb:

Latest posts