Your Beer Of Choice?

• Thread starter ricksconnected
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ricksconnected

Reaction score
I like just about any craft IPA beer whether irs local or not. I can really drink production beer anymore as it tastes like shit to me. Craft IPA and any heavily hoped beer is actually really good for you as long as you dont over do of course!!! I do like the higher quality beers are using cans more and more...really convenient and keeps the beer fresher!!!

I will meet ya half way on this one. production beer has went to hell. only one I really like any more is
Michelob light. now the can thing I cant agree on. I like the bottle. seems it keeps that original flavor longer
to me. YMMV. a lot of beers take on that "can flavor" after a while where as glass doesn't.

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rolling Rocks in green..not a bad beer. I dont drink too much but when I do I tend to like a darker beer, Amber bock, shiner bock, leinies dark when the mood strikes.

Coronado

Reaction score
Duvel and Kwak (Belgian beers). Had them in Brussels some years ago and really liked them. Didn't realize they had the higher alc content and got smashed off my ass the first time. :facepalm:

MarshallDog

Reaction score
I will meet ya half way on this one. production beer has went to hell. only one I really like any more is
Michelob light. now the can thing I cant agree on. I like the bottle. seems it keeps that original flavor longer
to me. YMMV. a lot of beers take on that "can flavor" after a while where as glass doesn't.

Yes, the old technology aluminum cans did but whatever they are doing now is different and they work really well. Some of the most expensive beer around is now in cans and more are moving that way...interesting!

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, the old technology aluminum cans did but whatever they are doing now is different and they work really well. Some of the most expensive beer around is now in cans and more are moving that way...interesting!
And the new thick tall conetop cans stay cold for a pretty long time..speaking of cone tops anyone ever see any of these? Original cans from the 30s and 40s..1484510741769-347454268.jpg

ricksconnected

Reaction score
5.5% ABV is not high, that is average.

Less than .5% of the beer I drink is in a can. Not that I am trashing cans but most good beer is not in cans.

average in the US is 4 to 6%. so its on the higher end.
but for the money and taste, i'll take it.
sure there are beers out there much stronger, but finding them is
hard work in GA. when you do they usually taste like shit and cost you a small fortune.

mickeydg5

Reaction score
The middle east of the united states of America
average in the US is 4 to 6%. so its on the higher end.
but for the money and taste, i'll take it.
sure there are beers out there much stronger, but finding them is
hard work in GA. when you do they usually taste like shit and cost you a small fortune.
Try stores that sell liquor.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
I drink beer fairly regularly around a six pack give or take a week but never more than a couple in a single sitting. I tend to buy something different every time, I like to try new things but I'm especially fond of local micro brews which we have many to choose from in my area. I have one store in particular I like to hit, they let you buy one bottle at a time and I usually walk out with a mixed six pack, plus they have beer on tap and let you taste them all if you want without buying, if you like something you fill a jug to go. Same with all the local pubs they let you taste what they have on tap too before you settle on what you want. Lots of good beer everywhere!

ricksconnected

Reaction score
that's where I buy.
seems they either cant get it. never had it. or can get it only in smaller quantities and its gone, or,
they get it but never know when its coming in lol. hell SweetWater is a stones throw from herebut finding some of their flavors is hard.

Last edited: