Your Favorite Marshall Amp

• Thread starter 67mike
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

leofender55

Reaction score
xMy favorite is my 1974x. It's a Special Edition to commemorate Guitar Center's 40th Anniversary. It's stamped 31 of 40. I've read that these have special grill cloth and maybe a special edition speaker. It sounds very organic and works perfectly for smaller venues.

Derrick111

Reaction score
Let
xMy favorite is my 1974x. It's a Special Edition to commemorate Guitar Center's 40th Anniversary. It's stamped 31 of 40. I've read that these have special grill cloth and maybe a special edition speaker. It sounds very organic and works perfectly for smaller venues.
Lets see a photo! I think I remember the grill, but am interested to check it out.

SuperFleeky

Reaction score
I have a few Marshalls amps. I think that my favorite is either the Marshall 2555x Silver Jubilee or the 2466 Vintage Modern. I would take those even over my 2203 and 2204.

What is your favorite Marshall amp?
Can't pick a single favorite... I have a few of the classics, 2203, JTM45, etc., but between these two, 1987 and JVM410hjs, I've got all my favorite tones covered! Wouldn't give any of them up though, and I could probably make it through any show with any of them; with the right pedals, they can all be coaxed into heavenly good rock tones. Marshall Heads JVM 1987.jpg

Smokie 54

Reaction score
I have a few Marshalls amps. I think that my favorite is either the Marshall 2555x Silver Jubilee or the 2466 Vintage Modern. I would take those even over my 2203 and 2204.

What is your favorite Marshall amp?
My Vintage Modern is the favorite and really the only one I use. I still have a 2204.

J E H

Reaction score
VOX Royal Guardsman. Coolest amp I have ever seen. Ever.

NEXT---choice would be 80's JCM800 -- with 2 speakers. Would need to be completely re-built. AND, would have to get a footswitch to go from lo to hi channels. Total Marshall sound. Dangerous for other amps to even be around it. NEXT -- I have a JCM100 TSL -- 'motherboard' 'out' at this time, it is currently used sideways a little table to hold my drumsticks and a small light (studio room). WOULD take a LOT of money to really fix it -- I believe the 'design' issue in the 2007 amp was really a lack of heat sink -- the tubes are VERY close to the board -- get VERY hot. HOWEVER, that amp is really really cool - 3 channels -- clean, hot, fire breathing hot channel -- set any way the operator would prefer. A BADASS amplifier. Total sound - all frequencies are there. Maybe a brand new Marshall that is even better would be good. Marshalls can be a little difficult - however, they do got that sound. Oh buddy.

Dean Swindell

Reaction score
That I've owned? A couple 2204's hands down. The 900 MK III was a good contender after I removed as many diodes as my skill set would allow. Didn't like the 2210 or Vintage Modern and the Ceriatone Jube was straight up crappy - sounded like a RAT though a silver face Twin.
My total faves that I really wish I had? The SLP and 1987X reissues from the '90s.

HarmFamily

Reaction score
JCM 800 model 2210 with the OD channel ya needed the footswitch to change to because it lacked a button for it. Always had to carry a tested spare footswitch, but with just a Roland SDE2000, an Alesis EQ and a Morley Silver series power wah/volume/fuzz I achieved greatness for 2 decades of gigs through the 80s into early 2000s. Lord I miss that stack so much.

67mike

Reaction score
That I've owned? A couple 2204's hands down. The 900 MK III was a good contender after I removed as many diodes as my skill set would allow. Didn't like the 2210 or Vintage Modern and the Ceriatone Jube was straight up crappy - sounded like a RAT though a silver face Twin.
My total faves that I really wish I had? The SLP and 1987X reissues from the '90s.
Ok....agree with the 2204, but the rest.....

5f244b5bb0186396adb1fe545f60b0eb.jpg

Latest posts