Your Favorite Marshall Amp

• Thread starter 67mike
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

abkeller1

Reaction score
I would say my 1983 JCM800 4104 (vertical input 65 speakers) and my Black 2554 Jubilee ....Combo amps were easier for me back in the day but almost 60 and they both feel like a ton of bricks these days. Do yearn for a SV20!
They are a ton of bricks, but they don't build them like they used to.

leofender55

Reaction score

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only got one now , an Ori50h , best sounding one I’ve ever owned tbh .
Yah I agree with this too. Find myself having to play it regularly amidst some savory amps.:agreed:

Vintage raw, unapologetic rocking Marshall. Perfect for my sloppy ass sticky licky soloing. :naughty:

I know it does more but I only need it to do me.

Derrick111

Reaction score
Sorry but the file is too large apparently, it won't upload. I don't feel like messing around to post it.

Alright, well thanks for trying.

Sorry but the file is too large apparently, it won't upload. I don't feel like messing around to post it.

😁

guitarzan2525

Reaction score
My favorite Marshall would have to be my 1988 (1st series) reissue JMP 100 which was Modified by Andy Fuchs. This thing sounds very smooth and clear at low volume (unlike stock Marshall's) but once you crank it with the OD channel engaged it kills. Extremely loud amp and it has a great active effects loop. It also takes effects pedals from the front very well.....

junk notes

Reaction score
Let

Lets see a photo! I think I remember the grill, but am interested to check it out.
xMy favorite is my 1974x. It's a Special Edition to commemorate Guitar Center's 40th Anniversary. It's stamped 31 of 40. I've read that these have special grill cloth and maybe a special edition speaker. It sounds very organic and works perfectly for smaller venues.
Hi! Phone or computer image?
Pretty simple solution - without going to hosting sites

Just copy the image, (original will be untouched)

open a photo program (import)
resize at a smaller percentage % or by pixel - 800x600 is sufficient

save as a .jpg.

That is it.
Re-post.

EADGBE

Reaction score
For me my TSL60 half stack.

WK1sHxv.jpg

TheSaz

Reaction score
I had a handful of marshalls. I love the new SC20H, its tied with(this is going to sounds crazy) a VS65R made in england. Idk what it is about the valvestate but it has something that brings out the best in my guitars.

Dean Swindell

Reaction score
How much gain did the MK III lose after the diodes were taken out?
There are more series tube circuits in there than an 800, one additional 12AX7A so there will always be lots of gain in those amps. Bear in mind the difference wasn't that dramatic but enough to make me wish the pandemic was over so I could gig it. But I got antsy and sold it, moved on to something else. the fizzy texture was no longer a distraction and I wasn't reaching for an already maxed bass knob. If I had more experience there were a few more diode circuits down the line I'd try pulling, including a small bridge rec. I think I just got the first two. Worth it though.

Last edited:

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Purdy. DAMN purdy. But can she sing? Never tried a Haze.
Thanks!

She's all stock except the "cosmetic enhancements". :D
I love the Haze15 OD tone with a little built-in chorus & reverb.
Nails early Rush with an LP- Working Man, Finding my Way, etc. :yesway:
Does a good early Zep with a Tele.

Never played the 40C, so I have no personal comparison.

Latest posts