amps. "can we have the modders...."

• Thread starter dreyn77
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rjohns1

Reaction score
"you're essentially forceing people to know what you know and to think like you think.
which is not marshalls idea or way.
there's laws which marshall is following inorder to make the product. the product isn't faulty. " Author: Dreyn77

I would say that you are doing exactly what you are complaining about. No one is forcing anyone to mod their amps. And the line about Laws that Marshall is following, complete and utter bull****. There are no "Laws on which cap needs to be put in parallel of a gain pot", which is basically what the c19 DSL mod is. No one on this site that I have ever seen has advocated violating safety standards, which is what I think you are referring to. Cmon dude, get it together. You sound ridiculous.

mickeydg5

Reaction score
The middle east of the united states of America
People modify trucks. People modify cars. People modify motorcycles. People modify chainsaws. People modify guns. People modify clothes. People modify jewelry. People modify hair. People modify skin. People modify eyes. People modify hearts. People modify muscle. People modify arteries. People modify brain cells. People modify stories. People modify the truth.

People modify everything, why not amplifiers?

I do not on large scale but believe each has his freedom.

th

dreyn77

Reaction score
why would you leave a quote saying that marshall doesn't need to comply with any laws?

and then some more sayings which are designed to attack people. such as "you're rediculos".

you're just twisting what other people say. that's no great designer.
no grand plan you have.

the thread is together and your in it!
I think you've got some great material for more thread topix. ;)

we're not talking about modding things.
we're talkin about YOU talkin like your standing over new owners of items.
leave them do what they do with amps.
they don't need endless instruction from you about 'being real' or whatever you say they're being.

stop pointing out YOUR WAY all the time.

blues_n_cues

VIP Member
Reaction score
Marshall Amplifiers LLC-
JTM45=modded Fender Bassman
1959RR=modded 1959
JMP800=modded 1959
JCM800KK= modded jcm800 2203
JCM900=modded JCM800
Silver Jubilee=modded JCM800
AFD100= modded JCM800/Silver Jub/1959

4x12" cabs= "modded" from the original 8x12"

and that's just a few of Marshall's own mods.

:wave:

Ghostman

Reaction score
I think I decyphered what that was all about....

When a Marshall Newbie buys a stock amp and posts up his/her new toy, there's a few "try modding it like this" posts, which the OP doesn't like since he believes the stock Marshall amp is perfection. I can see his frustration.

but it's wrong. :) :wave:

rjohns1

Reaction score
why would you leave a quote saying that marshall doesn't need to comply with any laws?

and then some more sayings which are designed to attack people. such as "you're rediculos".

you're just twisting what other people say. that's no great designer.
no grand plan you have.

the thread is together and your in it!
I think you've got some great material for more thread topix. ;)

we're not talking about modding things.
we're talkin about YOU talkin like your standing over new owners of items.
leave them do what they do with amps.
they don't need endless instruction from you about 'being real' or whatever you say they're being.

stop pointing out YOUR WAY all the time.

I've never once, told someone to do anything MY WAY. I haven't twisted anything. I pointed out very clearly what Marshall has to do with the laws for safety, and pointed out that none of us have advocated removing anything regarding safety. If someone asks me what could make their amp better for their situation, I am more than happy helping them with knowledge I gained along the way, or save them from all of the experimentation I have done to arrive at what I like in the amp. Maybe you should again, take your own advice, and STOP POINTING OUT YOUR WAY ALL THE TIME. It's getting ridiculous. I am not forcing anything on anyone.

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
I think at first dreyn was talking about putting mods ideas in a separate thread in the workbench section.

At first.

Then it became a bit of a pissing contest about modding.
Given that: when I got my 40C I didn't like the difference in EQ between the 2 channels. The humongous 40C thread had info on how to"fix" this, not to go above the designers heads but make it work better for what I want. Clipping the C19. Simple, fast, reversable. I did it, works for me, I like it!!
Not saying the product is faulty or how others should think. I took the advice of memners here and made my 40C better, for me!
Changing out tubes is like using a different spice when cooking. Modifying what works for you.
Ive done none to the Jube or others, other than tubes.

Latest posts