Votes: 21 51.2%
  • Apple iPhone

Votes: 19 46.3%
  • A flip phone Or Other Choices

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters

BlackSG91

Reaction score
Which one do you prefer. I have a black LG P-769 which I really dig...great graphics and a really good section on the internet for free games, applications and stuff. I use it as a modem as well since I have internet on it already.

I've discovered USB tethering where I hook my phone up using a USB cable which also charges the phone at the same time. It gets some glicks or screw-ups one in a while, but it is a sleek looking phone. I wish it had an app I could download turning my phone into a Braun electric shaver.

I don't have any idiot proof protection on my phone because I keep it safe in one of my pockets made for a smart phone. At least you can take the battery out, unlike the first Apple iPhone which you couldn't. I have even cancelled my telephone landline and cable TV because my phone has all of that.

Now Apple started this trend of smartphones, but it looks like the Androids are taking over the market...especially the Samsung Galaxy 6 or 7? What are your thoughts on this matter?

;>)/

Last edited:

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Android. Financially iPhone makes no sense for the cost of the phone and for the premium service. Here's my breakdown:

4 Androids I paid $150 each. Monthly service for them is $75 for a shared family plan.

1 iPhone I paid $650! Monthly service is $85 for a single phone!

My oldest kid has a choice next year when his iPhone plan expires: I buy him an Android and add him to my family plan or he buys his own iPhone and gets his own plan.

iPhone = expensive and stupid

BlackSG91

Reaction score
My wife had an iPhone and I was somewhat perplexed that it didn't have a removable battery! I thought that was really stupid and greedy from them because once the battery goes...you have to buy a whole new phone which is $650 as mentioned above. I really despise that kind of set-up...so I went Android. And it seems they have a bigger market on apps.

;>)/

Tiboy

Reaction score
I switched from Android to iPhone. As a stand alone I preferred the Android. But, because I use an iPad and MacBook, the iPhone is the better choice due to integration of devices.

Conghaille

Reaction score
iPhone(iOS): Pros--seamless integration between phones, tablets, computers, and TVs. Controlled memory space, controlled multitasking. IMO moderate to dramatically better materials, design, fit and finish.

Android: Every device is different. Lazy app developers have too much access to the OS and can cause problems.

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
I didnt vote Apple.

I lied, I did vote Iphone

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
iPad3/iPhone5c...

My 1st introduction to owning a cellphone was the iPhone3. I had used Nokia flip phones at work, as well as the non-flip style. Last year, I upgraded to the 5c. I didn't have to pay for it, but sign on for a 2 year AT&T contract. I pay $60/mo, incl unlimited, talk, text & data anywhere in the US, Canada & Mexico...

It has it's +/-'s, but I just look at it as a gadget. A device to use as a phone & if I need internet, or maps, etc., then, in most cases I can get a quick standby, until I can use a real computer. I use the Pad for ease of use when I'm at someone else' house, if I am to discuss something w/ them & I don't have to take over their computer to do so. Also, I bought the Pad as an image portfolio device, instead of carrying around a print book...

chiliphil1

Reaction score
Iphone. I was a hardcore android guy for a long time but then I used someone else's iPhone and I was sold. The interface is easier to use, they are much more stable and reliable, it seemed like the android would lock almost daily but my 6 plus never freezes. I now have a macbook and an apple watch, so I'm stuck with iPhone for a long time. No biggie for me though, I love the thing. I think next time I'll get one with a little more memory though.

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
My wife had an iPhone and I was somewhat perplexed that it didn't have a removable battery! I thought that was really stupid and greedy from them because once the battery goes...you have to buy a whole new phone which is $650 as mentioned above. I really despise that kind of set-up...so I went Android. And it seems they have a bigger market on apps.

;>)/

Android for me too, partly because of interchangeable batteries. I can add a memory card. It's not allll i this and i tunes and i tnat. But it is just a phone, use what you like best. As much as the hype is for all phones, the cameras have tiny slow lenses and tiny sensors which suck in low light comparatively speaking. A compact camera is still a must, for me as well as my SLR.

dptone5

Reaction score
Iphone and Apple products for me and my family. Easy to use, very stable, no issues.

BlackSG91

Reaction score
There are some very good responses on this thread and I'm learning the differences. Has the iPhone got a removable battery yet? I know the Samsung 6 or 7 is the hottest phone on the market. Does anyone have any opinions on this and what is the latest Samsung? Thnaks in advance.

;>)/

saxon68

Just another voice in the mix.
Reaction score
I don't understand the hangup on the removable battery man. I had several androids and they did daily lock up so bad I had to pull the battery to correct it, after 3 years of that crap I switched to iPhone, and I have never had an issue since that wasn't due to sharing apple ID with others in the family at first. Once I got that sorted its been smooth sailing since the 4S, on my second 6 now (skipped the 5 but wife had one) and I only got a second one because my daughter wanted one, so she got mine and I got one with more memory. We haven't had a single battery issue and have 4 active phones and an iPad on our account, including the older ones we upgraded out of.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
no "removable" battery, but, if you're savvy enough, you can pop the device open & change it yourself. If you really need a new battery & can't do it yourself (or are just afraid to) you can take it into the Apple store & they'll change it for you...

Also, you can buy battery packs that will power the devices...

Last edited:

Latest posts