Best Amp You Ever Played ?

• Thread starter charveldan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

charveldan

Reaction score
Somewhere with a Friedman Marshall & Les Paul.
Lynch.jpg

Marshall or other, owned it tested it or borrowed it ..... go.

Gene Ballzz

Reaction score
Best Sounding Amp? Hands down, bone stock (except for a 12AX7 in V1, instead of a 12AY7) 5E3 Tweed Deluxe! Let me qualify that though.

A) It needs a little "goose in the caboose" at the input (like most Fender circuits), when you want to get into the gainier territory of what a Marshall can do, but then it does it gloriously! When not goosed, it does everything else in the universe!
B) It has no reverb or loop for adding anything into the signal path, but "tell you what" it's so touch sensitive and tactile and gives amazing clarity throughout the tonal range, without ever being too clean!
C) It makes a fabulous dry platform for wet/dry rig, where you are driving the wet part of the rig from from a speaker out derived signal, as with a RedBox, or such. Absolutely fantastic as a core tone/sound.

Yeah, best amp I've ever played, but is lacking some of the modern features that we all love! With that being said, if I had some young buck to haul my crap around, set it up and deal with it, Id use a wet/dry rig with the 5E3 as the core, or with a dedicated, on retainer sound engineer to know and do all my effects cues, I'd play nothing but a 5E3, a low wattage, 5E4 Tweed Super, or a 5E5 Tweed Pro.

I mostly play Marshalls, but the Tweed Deluxe will have to be pried from my dead hands!

You Asked!
Gene

JCMDOUG

Reaction score
Marshall JCM 900 MKiii 2500 (50 watt head) with choke installed, negative feed back mod and a my mix of tubes and a TS-9 in the front master volume on half preamp on full and sensitivity almost off EQ all on 5 and let the power tubes take me there. The amp just sings musical feed back on every note.

Best all around do anything amp: Marshall JMD-1 also choke installed and negative feed back mod and phase inverter mod. Maxon OD 808 in front.

texhex

Reaction score
After picking up this little beauty, quite a few. ;)

upload_2018-8-17_7-38-26.png

Seriously though, I've only ever played through a DSL100H :(

Delete!!

Reaction score
I know this is the Marshall forum, but the best amp I have ever played is my 1976 Deluxe Reverb. It was passed down to me from my grandfather and still looks like it’s only a few years old. I clipped the bright cap and installed a Creamback and it’s very gratifying to just plug into something simple with no channel switching or bells/whistles. Yes it needs pedals to do any heavy gain, but I love to just plug in and play clean when I’m sick of pedals and my other amps.

Ufoscorpion

Reaction score
My 83 4104 into a 1960b cab loaded with early 75's , master 7 , gain 8 sort of area is the best I've personally achieved .

Latest posts