Best Amp You Ever Played ?

• Thread starter charveldan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ampeq

Reaction score
Best amp, Carvin X100 combo w/ Groove Tubes and "British Series" speaker. (fuzzy cover one)
Best new amp, Mesa TC100 w/ 2-12" Carvin cab, V30 & G12h-75
Both run my new effects system very well, 4 CM hook up FX-8

It took me a long time to dwindle it down to just 2 amp's that could "do it all", and a boat load of money. But I think this is as good as it gets. The X100 amp's have been my favorite for over 30 years, bar none. But it's nice to have another amp for certain stuff, a different feel, a certain sound, etc., and I'v tried them all. I had hoped the JVM 410h would do it but I just couldn't bond with it. And like most Marshall's the next step was a bunch of mod's, something that I just don't feel like you should have to do on a $2500+ amp. The Mark V Mesa was nice but way to hard to set and remember what to go back to. The TC series really has the best rock / blues sounds in it and is very easy to set, also it is a great amp for recording. The TC100 has more headroom and a fuller sound for me, and the power control is great. If it weren't for loosing a ton of money it would be fun trying all the different amp's out there to get what you like. I like to get them in my house where I can try them side by side with my X100 combo and with my guitars, and that cost's money. Oh well, now I need to do it with LP's.......F*@$!

sellen

Reaction score
'82 jmp 2204
ZKFtfhv.jpg

PU239

Reaction score
I have played or tried about everything.

The best sounding amp on its own I every tried was the Bartel Amplifiers Roseland 45w 1x12 Combo Amplifier.

At $5k they are not cheap, but they go from the warmest cleans to the best plexi.

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
Best being very subjective...
Sound wise?
1983 2203. Only got to crank it up to 6 a few times at shows and it was absolutely glorious. Sold it years ago. Shouldnt have.

JVM410 covers it all. Loud, versatile.

For ones whosn tones just instantly make me warm and fuzzy? The TSL122 and the 1987 Jubilee 2558.

coyote

Reaction score
Best amp I ever played is my own 200w Major.
I did the input-jumper thing, had an overdrive pushing the front end.... it was glorious.

Unfortunately it would need a compete overhaul to work properly again, new caps etc, and the good NOS KT88s are all gone. So I have it as a display piece now in my basement studio.

Jeff Hudson

Reaction score
Best 1 trick pony amp I owned JCM 800 2205 it was one of the last Marshall made, I bought that head new in 1991. Best overall amp is the one I have now JCM 2000 TSL 100 head with Eminence CV-75 speakers.

Jeff Hudson

Reaction score
My pick of Mesa's I've tried is the original Road King. If I get to the point I can get another half stack that would be my choice for Mesa. As far as Fender goes I would get a Deluxe Reverb (black face).

boola1

Reaction score
62 Tremolux. I love my Marshalls but the Tremolux is incredible with great Fender cleans, a lovely output bias tremolo, tweed like dirt and full on Marshall levels of distortion when cranked.

Latest posts