Digital Trend

• Thread starter TwinACStacks
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Ozzk

Reaction score
1000 0001100000000001001

resized_creepy-willy-wonka-meme-generator-fascinating-tell-me-more-cac1ed.jpg

Marshall_Watts87

Reaction score
I disagree with people saying "everything will be digital." Everybody is into that Jetsons mentality. not true. the feel and versatility of tube amps is untouched, if digital ever catches up, people will still demand tube amps, that's not to say people wont strive for digital too. marshall, fender, boogie amps are forever. that's the spirit of technology.

Bloodrock

Reaction score
Don't be silly you guys! Vinyl survived the 90's & 00's and is now more popular than is has ever been since the compact disc was born. WHY????????? BECAUSE IT JUST SOUNDS BETTER!!!!! Tube amps aren't going anywhere soon. Pro's may tour with modelers for convenience, but they will always go home and cherish their tube amp tones. Hence, the Kemper phenomenon, It was made for guys who don't want to risk killing their favorite tubers on the road. If it weren't for amazing tube amps and their famous modded versions, what would all these idiots be profiling on the Kemper?? Line 6 amps??? Billy Blades amps??? It's just the I-Pod of amps,... a fad, nothing more. And if anything it will just push the value of REAL amps, including Marshalls up in value one day. :hmm:

Micky

VIP Member
Reaction score
One of the amps I wish I had never sold, was a modified (by me) VOX Valvetronix.
It has a 12AX7 in the digital preamp stage, and came as close as a JMD to everything it modeled.

Marshall would be smart to at least keep ONE modeling amp in it's lineup...

chee16

Reaction score
I for one hope that there is a sudden bandwagon jump to digital. Why? Everything you could ever want in a tube amp has been made at some point in the past, not saying you can't tweak or build new, but it has been long enough that the used market covers it if you look hard enough. Everyone wanting digital would open that market up to cheap f$%^ers like me and I could have a very nice tube amp collection to sit on.

Plus I really do think that a lot of people can be more then satisfied with a digital based amp, especially those that use a ton of pedals or want certain tones. I see nothing wrong with digital, I just really like tube amp tones. Maybe I would like the next generation of digital amps, I'm open to that.

wakjob

Reaction score
A) the vacuum tube will one day go the way of the incandescent light bulb. Sad, but true.

B) when terabytes of RAM become the norm, tubes will not be missed.

TwinACStacks

Reaction score
:D Okay, Digital is complete shit then.

That must be why Petrucci uses Fractal Audio in his rig, because he sucks and has no ear for tone.

All you guys with the GREAT ears, make sure you keep the right batteries in your OD Pedals.....It can play hell with your tone, ruin that sweet Tube Chime....

I can see why Nuke gave up.

:cool::cool: TWIN

pavs

Reaction score
I'm not against digital in fact I have one of those PODXT's for recording but I don't see the need to abandon one or the other. They both work well in different enviroments and what's best for you, is for and only you to decide. I like to record with digital/simulations as it makes my life easier (levels, no mics, no bleeding, etc) but after trying for a long time my live sound is more gratifying (at least to me) with valve amps. No need to try and indoctrinate people about what is best for you, just go and play the damn guitar and make sure is loud. That's all.
\m/

David Corrales

Reaction score
:D Okay, Digital is complete shit then.

That must be why Petrucci uses Fractal Audio in his rig, because he sucks and has no ear for tone.

All you guys with the GREAT ears, make sure you keep the right batteries in your OD Pedals.....It can play hell with your tone, ruin that sweet Tube Chime....

I can see why Nuke gave up.

:cool::cool: TWIN

He uses the fractal for effects only. For recording he uses his Mark IIC+, Mark V and lately the Royal Atlantic.

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
To me there's less fun in running a Pod to monitor than the cooking of tubes blasting behind me, the smell of hot tolex, the Marshallness of it. Not slamming the JMD, I just can't see playing through a small, cheaper footswitchable toy and in ears compared to my tubes!

trobdcso

Reaction score
I hope you ****ers all buy digital. I'll be browsing CL and flebay buying tube amps up like a mother ****er.

Dmann

Reaction score
I still don't understand why so many have this rule that you can only be "all tube" or "all digital."

This whole debate reminds me of growing up and never really understanding why Great Grandpa would sit and listen to "programs" on the AM radio in mono, while the rest of the family watched VHS full color movies in dolby stereo. He sure clung to the past, and really missed out on so many cool things IMO.

All I know is, I trust my ears. If I like what I hear, I use it. I haven't used my tube amps in a while...... I Still own them though.