DSL series vs JVM series??

• Thread starter usablefiber
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bloodrock

Reaction score
there's 500 different pedals and 100 different amps but there's only 3 voltages.
that means there is only 3 types of sounds. clear, dull, and really dull.
high impedence, medium impedence and lo impedence. that's it!!!

Voltage and Resistance (impedance) are 2 different things genius. I don't know where you come up with this shit, but every one of your posts are retarded and hilarious at the same time...:lol:

clutch71

Reaction score
I had a JVM 2 channel for a short period of time since it was purchased new from GC. At the end of the day, it was not the instant love that the DSL was. I wanted to like the JVM because of the features but at the end of the day, the tone from me was with the DSL so the JVM went back.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
obviously a big price difference but is the jvm worth it? is the dsl a better value? what do you guys think?

If buying used the price difference is not that great, just a few hundred bucks difference. If I knew what I know now I would have spent the extra bucks for a JVM.

lovehifi

Reaction score
Love the four channels on my JVM410HJS. Love the tones! Have the JVM410H too. Both great amps. One day I hope to try a DSL as I am sure its great too.

dreyn77

Reaction score
If I play a dimazio PAF and a JCMDSL and i have 4times the tone and twice the gain as say Jimmy page ala 1973, and I still have 1 more channel to go, what's the point in going more than that?

I also don't see any point in dropping to another 'lower level' in sound quality for the illusion of more volume gain sound.
Compression is at an 'alltime' high already as well.
I'm miles away from johnny guitar watson's sound or Howlin wolf's sound etc...

The JVM just doesn't interest me at all. They've never bothered to tell me what it does.

spacerocker

Reaction score
Don't really know much about the DSL - I tried one years ago, as a potential replacement for my 2203 - but didn't like the tomes much! (There again, I didn't really get the chance to expoeriemnt with it much...)

But I now have the JVM. I wasn't initially bowled over too much with the rhythm (crunch) sound on this amp, either (though the clean and "lead" (=OD2)) sounds were great!)

But with a few mods (and also experience learning how to get the best out of it) - I am now really happy with it! It offers pristine "cleans", great marginal break-up "Hendrix" type tones, full on rock crunch, High gain rhythn, and singing, high-gain leads - which retain their clarity, even at high volume!

One thing I would recommend if you have an amp with a loop in it, is to add a rack-style graphic! (these are better than the pedal types, as they have loads of headroom, and usually more bands for adjustment, and aren't really that much more expensive)

A graphic in the loop allows you to effecetively "re-voice" the whole amp! - you can dial-in nuances from other amps, and make it sound exactly how you want! - the trick is knowing what that sound is in the first place!

lovehifi

Reaction score
Don't really know much about the DSL - I tried one years ago, as a potential replacement for my 2203 - but didn't like the tomes much! (There again, I didn't really get the chance to expoeriemnt with it much...)

But I now have the JVM. I wasn't initially bowled over too much with the rhythm (crunch) sound on this amp, either (though the clean and "lead" (=OD2)) sounds were great!)

But with a few mods (and also experience learning how to get the best out of it) - I am now really happy with it! It offers pristine "cleans", great marginal break-up "Hendrix" type tones, full on rock crunch, High gain rhythn, and singing, high-gain leads - which retain their clarity, even at high volume!

One thing I would recommend if you have an amp with a loop in it, is to add a rack-style graphic! (these are better than the pedal types, as they have loads of headroom, and usually more bands for adjustment, and aren't really that much more expensive)

A graphic in the loop allows you to effecetively "re-voice" the whole amp! - you can dial-in nuances from other amps, and make it sound exactly how you want! - the trick is knowing what that sound is in the first place!
Even on my HJS I add an EQ sometimes through the effects loop. Makes it even more versatile and like you said lets me voice it to my liking. Sometimes I use it, sometimes I don't. Just depends.

Latest posts