• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

DSL100HR Where are they????

• Thread starter Dominick Pascarella
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey does anyone know what’s going on with the availability of the DSL100HR these days?? I own 2 each with the same similar problems: one, doesn’t give me any sound and 0.0 bias reading. The other gives me sound only on the 100watt setting and the bias goes only to 4.3 on one side and 3.7 on the other side. It does give me sound and kinda sounds ok but the level goes i I p and down and in and out. Never going from no sound to sound just like a power drop. Anyone know why and how this can be fixed hopefully.

Leonard Neemoil

Reaction score
So, do i understand this correctly.

You bought 2 of these Amps?

Both have technical problems?

And you are looking to buy youre 3rd
one?

:hmm::facepalm:

2 amps, 2 threads!

Reaction score
So, do i understand this correctly.

You bought 2 of these Amps?

Both have technical problems?

And you are looking to buy youre 3rd
one?

:hmm::facepalm:
I’m kinda looking to get another but would like to have the ones I have working properly. I actually found problem with one and it’s been fine so far. All was the problem was a fuse was faulty. The tiny wires inside the fuse were “frayed’ not all were connected. That seemed to be the reason why I was getting sound but going in and out. I took same fuse from other amp installed it and problems solved. So far anyway.
But yeah, I was looking to buy a new one but all music supplies stores have this amp on back order. Just wondering why they are not available.

Tatzmann

Reaction score
The 100HR were on sale at Thomann 2 or 3
months ago. I think they sold them for 399€$.

But i guess there were no more than maybe
5 available at that time, clearance sale.

I looked now and its listed at 820€$ but not
in stock.

Man, Marshall must have a real shitty deal
with JJ lol.

Moony

Reaction score
The 100HR were on sale at Thomann 2 or 3
months ago. I think they sold them for 399€$.

It was Music Store last November.
The DSL100HR was sold for 421 Euros.

Current price there is 820 Euros.
It's on backorder, estimated delivery 1st of May 2022.

Leonard Neemoil

Reaction score
Well, the good news is that you can still get a used DSL 100 H for about half of the price of the current hR. A used H provides a more classic Marshall sound for about half the price of the hR, AND seamless channel switching. It's a win win win situation.

A 40 C is an amazing alternative to the 100 H. The 40 only lacks a little bit of low end punch compared to the 100. In a band setting you'd probably never know the difference. At least that's how it works the way I use them.

My opinion? Buy a used 100 H or 40 C and save a bunch while, imo, acquiring a much better amp. Ymmv and all that stuff.

Hope you find what you're looking for.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
No audio output:? Check the fusible resistors on the PC board near the power tubes. They may look fine but will measure open if they've popped.

They're 2 watt size, pretty big. And usually green if I remember right. Value? I don't remember. Pretty low, anyway. If they're open you get no sound.

Leonard Neemoil

Reaction score
Well, the good news is that you can still get a used DSL 100 H for about half of the price of the current hR. A used H provides a more classic Marshall sound for about half the price of the hR, AND seamless channel switching. It's a win win win situation.

A 40 C is an amazing alternative to the 100 H. The 40 only lacks a little bit of low end punch compared to the 100. In a band setting you'd probably never know the difference. At least that's how it works the way I use them.

My opinion? Buy a used 100 H or 40 C and save a bunch while, imo, acquiring a much better amp. Ymmv and all that stuff.

Cheers!

Forgot to mention that I'm using the same 2x12 cab for both and that the stock speaker in the 40 C is terrible imo.

Reaction score
No audio output:? Check the fusible resistors on the PC board near the power tubes. They may look fine but will measure open if they've popped.

They're 2 watt size, pretty big. And usually green if I remember right. Value? I don't remember. Pretty low, anyway. If they're open you get no sound.
What would be the reading? And what do I set my multimeter on ? And what is the measurements for being “open”?
Thankyou

Reaction score

Cheers!
Thanks bud

Reaction score
I realize this thread is months old, but has anyone heard anything yet??
I ordered a DSL 100HR head back in May?? My prominent Marshall (and Gibson) dealer had already ordered some a few months earlier and hadn't received them yet. I "heard" that the company that was making the DSL printed circuit boards is no longer, for whatever reason, and Marshall has to contract with a different company. Seems crazy the head are so hard to get, and that its taking this long to get them back in stock.