Eddie Van Halen Tribute Les Paul (FrankenPaul)

• Thread starter willwallner
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

willwallner

Reaction score
Hey!

I used to post frequently on this forum a while back and wanted to rejoin the community! I took a break from playing guitar but this year rediscovered my passion for music. Recently I completed a project to create an Eddie Van Halen Tribute Les Paul. I was a big Eddie fan but as a Les Paul player never wanted to buy a frankenstrat so I created my own 'frankenpaul'.

The design is a variation of the ‘5150’ stripe design. It has a set of Bareknuckle ‘VHII’ pickups installed. Let me know what you think!

IMG_4677-1024x768.jpg

IMG_4653.jpg

IMG_4670.jpg

IMG_4681.jpg

I recorded an attempt at playing Eruption so you can hear how it sounds. This is going into a Marshall JCM 800:

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Hey!

I used to post frequently on this forum a while back and wanted to rejoin the community! I took a break from playing guitar but this year rediscovered my passion for music. Recently I completed a project to create an Eddie Van Halen Tribute Les Paul. I was a big Eddie fan but as a Les Paul player never wanted to buy a frankenstrat so I created my own 'frankenpaul'.

The design is a variation of the ‘5150’ stripe design. It has a set of Bareknuckle ‘VHII’ pickups installed. Let me know what you think!

IMG_4677-1024x768.jpg

IMG_4653.jpg

IMG_4670.jpg

IMG_4681.jpg

I recorded an attempt at playing Eruption so you can hear how it sounds. This is going into a Marshall JCM 800:

Very cool Will! :yesway:

MarshallDog

Reaction score
Wow that looks great and love the vintage knobs. I have those on all my LPSs also. Sounds great too!

So, do you start with white as the base then tape it off and spray the red? To put the black stripes on do you tape the whole guitar except for where you want the black stripes? Just curious how this is done the easiest way?!

willwallner

Reaction score
Hey! Thanks for the cool responses, to answer the questions about how the painting was done. It was done by a professional in LA, but they sanded the top completely and then painted it all white. Then they taped it up and applied the red. Then they added black stripes on top. This is the same way the 5150 guitar was done which is different from the original frankenstrat. Also yes all the amps in the pictures were Garys, cheers!