Ever Been Really Disappointed When You Tried A Guitar Youve Been Lusting For?

• Thread starter saxon68
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sellen

Reaction score
I was planing on buying a beautiful Telecaster deluxe in a local store, to my big disappointment the squier vm strat i got felt a lot better.
So i walked out.

SG~GUY

Reaction score
-as a GIBSON GOTHIC,MENACE,VOODOO,PLATINUM,SG BARITONE & LES PAUL DARK FIRE lover,.. I dig it, but I know what you mean by the "FLOYD ruined it for me" statement,.. they feel very uncomfortable to me, as in I cant anchor my hand on them, and every time I use a vibrato,.. it sounds cheesey as hell.

-NEWS FLASH!!-

-if anyone can tell me what all of the above mentioned guitars "that I love" have in common-(and no,.. it's not that there all GIBSON's)-I will give the winner a vintage!! modded!!!... EV/TAPCO,.. rack mount,.. stereo, equalizer!!!.... it's old, a little noisey, works great,.. it's the oldest piece of gear I own,.. all you have to do is pay for the shipping..

-and yes!!... I'm as serious as a heart attack-

View attachment 34712 I really tried to like this axe. The Floyd bs ruined it for me.

chiliphil1

Reaction score
-as a GIBSON GOTHIC,MENACE,VOODOO,PLATINUM,SG BARITONE & LES PAUL DARK FIRE lover,.. I dig it, but I know what you mean by the "FLOYD ruined it for me" statement,.. they feel very uncomfortable to me, as in I cant anchor my hand on them, and every time I use a vibrato,.. it sounds cheesey as hell.

-NEWS FLASH!!-

-if anyone can tell me what all of the above mentioned guitars "that I love" have in common-(and no,.. it's not that there all GIBSON's)-I will give the winner a vintage!! modded!!!... EV/TAPCO,.. rack mount,.. stereo, equalizer!!!.... it's old, a little noisey, works great,.. it's the oldest piece of gear I own,.. all you have to do is pay for the shipping..

Satin finishes?

thegaindeli

Reaction score
What is worse, is buying the guitar you've always wanted...selling it because it didn't sound good...only to find that it was your amp that made it sound so bad.

I know, I should have played it through other amplifiers...

chiliphil1

Reaction score
What is worse, is buying the guitar you've always wanted...selling it because it didn't sound good...only to find that it was your amp that made it sound so bad.

I know, I should have played it through other amplifiers...

DOH! been there my friend.

SG~GUY

Reaction score
-NOPE-
-NOPE-
-NOPE-
-&-
-NOPE!!!

chee16

Reaction score
The SG's are lighter and maybe the les Paul's are chambered. So I'm thinking you liked the weight of them?

Or maybe all those models use active pickups?

SG~GUY

Reaction score
-nope-

-someone was "kinda" close,.. but not really

-ok,.. to sweeten the deal!!,.. I'm throwing in a CARHART pick holder/pouch-(it slides onto your guitar strap)-AND!!!,...HOLD ON!!! AND!!!! HERE IT COMES!!!!,.. YA BETTER BE SITTING DOWN FOR THIS ONE!!!!!!! it's full of picks!!

mirrorman

Reaction score
I love the sound of Strats but absolutely hate playing them.
They are a cacophonous mess of out of tune strings when I play them.
Must be from resting my pick hand on the bridge, but I'm not about to change my technique after playing 40 years.
Maybe I should try a hardtail some day.

Last edited:

axe4me

In Memorandum
Reaction score
I once tried a super clean real 1960 Les Paul Std.
It was like the guitar was unplayed.
Very cherry burst.
I was jazzed and expected a lot.
It was pretty ordinary.

Years later, I played a 1955 Les Paul Gold Top.
It was really worn.....actually, it looked like it was dragged from Nashville to New Jersey.
Beat; checked; worn and looked really bad.
I couldn't believe how great it felt and sounded.
Those P 90's were sweet,,,,but the guitar looked like a mess.

GuitarMutant

Reaction score
I love AC/DC, and grew up on Angus, I wanted to love an SG so badly I could taste it. I was SO excited to buy my first one, and was positive I would love it, but I HATED it. I have tired several, always thinking the next one will be right, but I cant stand the way the neck wants to drop when playing it, literally drives me crazy.

I grew up on Angus. When my buddy (at 17 years old) offered to sell me his SG Firebrand for $75, I grabbed it. Loved it for YEARS.
When guitar synths started to emerge, I had to have one. Traded the SG for one.

Years later, I missed my SG.
Bought a Standard. Couldn't keep it in tune, and it nosedived all the time.
Bought an SG All American 1. Neck was way too fat, and always nosedived.
Bought an SG-X. Fretwork sucked... and it always nosedived.
Took ONE more shot at a Standard. Wouldn't stay in tune. Guess what? It nosedived.

Saw a 1980 Firebrand on Reverb recently. Shot in the dark, but I bought it.
LOVE it. It's balanced better somehow. Stays in tune fine. Plays like butter.

SG~GUY

Reaction score
-nope x 2-

-here's a hint, look closer at the pictures-

Bownse

Reaction score

-NEWS FLASH!!-

That all have convex faces? (round tops?)

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
-nope x 2-

-here's a hint, look closer at the pictures-
No position markers ? ...oh wait i know..your using each one to f*%&k with us..lol....I win! !!! Im running out of guesses!

Latest posts