If You Were In Charge At Marshall....

SonVolt

VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw an Anti Virus commercial the other day where PC Technicians were playing in band. I spotted a Valvesate on the back line.

BowerR64

Reaction score
Maybe ill post that if i ever decide to sell my Marshall stuff.

Marshall full stack forsale (great for stage props and man caves) nostalgic conversation piece.

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Yes, for the most part. I don't care what some lip-sync tv "performance" shows. Do you have kids by any chance? If you do, watch some Disney or Nickelodeon teen-kid shows with them. I've noticed for quite a while now that whenever there are "rock bands" on those shows they are backlined with Orange or Fender gear. Now obviously none of that is real. They're not really playing those kid-bop songs. But there is Orange at least making a visual presence for these neophyte potential guitar players. Orange and Fender seem to be enjoying a nice resurgence with hipster indie rock and modern alternative guitar music. No, these bands aren't shredding molten solos all over the place, but they're playing the shit out of their guitars and younger people like it without seeing Marshall logos anywhere. Some kid that is inspired by Muse or Grizzly Bear probably isn't going to go buy a JVM....and those bands way way outdraw Ratt these days.

If you consider this stuff objectively, it could be a very good thing for those of us that do like Marshalls. Maybe Marshall will downsize and/or streamline and stop trying to be all things to all people and be more focused on satisfying the fans they have left. Maybe.

My wife will be 3 months pregnant day after tomorrow, so I'll be a first time dad this June :woot:

That wasn't a talent show … it was the halftime performance of the Thanksgiving Day football game a couple of weeks ago. Those performances are choreographed down to the last detail, and yes, that includes the amps / cabinets being displayed on stage. Like I said above, there might very well come a time where Marshall amps / cabinets are ghosts, but we're not there yet.

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
I saw an Anti Virus commercial the other day where PC Technicians were playing in band. I spotted a Valvesate on the back line.

They're all over the place if you look for them. Just because we're not inundated with pictures of dudes posing with guitars in front of full stacks like we were 30 years ago doesn't mean they're not there. It's just different these days.

peterplexi

Reaction score
A Joe Satriani all tube 410 JS preamp pedal with ALL the features of the head without the duplicate channel 4. JOE SATRIANI FLY RIG .
Think Steve Vai Legacy tube drive pedal only bigger better. Midi, noise gate, speaker sim out etc. High voltage amp tube circuit like the amp.

texhex

Reaction score
Last edited:

slide222

Reaction score
its time for the 55th annerversery 10watt and 20 watt heads to come out , and we want differemnt models plz , jtm, jmp, jcm etc like the 50ths , but this time unlimited runs , you will need it as these will be big sellers , pre-order a jtm 20 head for me with kt66 tubes plz , 2 would be nice , but 1 will do

BrentD

Reaction score
I wonder what prices would be possible if Marshall built some PCB JTM45s, 1987Xs, and 1959Xs in Vietnam. Leave the ultra-new-development amps and the handwired ones to the U.K. and crank out some Plexis in a lower line.

Ghostman

Reaction score
I wonder what prices would be possible if Marshall built some PCB JTM45s, 1987Xs, and 1959Xs in Vietnam. Leave the ultra-new-development amps and the handwired ones to the U.K. and crank out some Plexis in a lower line.
Their only hope of selling these amps at all is the exclusivity of being hand-built, non-pcb. Once they open that gate, the demand for the higher priced stuff, almost completely dries up.

BrentD

Reaction score
Their only hope of selling these amps at all is the exclusivity of being hand-built, non-pcb. Once they open that gate, the demand for the higher priced stuff, almost completely dries up.

But the 2245, 1987X, and 1959 aren't hand-built. They're PCB.

Bloodrock

Reaction score

No cheese here ....

In 45 years ive never heard anyone that sounds like this.

Many are called but few are chosen.

Randy was amazing, but Dime could play anything Randy played note for note. He didn't have the classical fancy upbringing but Dime was the best of Randy and Eddie mixed with his own thing. He worshiped those guys. I just wish he had gotten to live long enough to record some good old school shred like he started out on. He always hated dialing back his soloing on the Pantera records. Check out this vid when he was only 18.

Shae201

Reaction score
If I were Marshall I would make Marshall branded caramel popcorn....The End.

Springfield Scooter

Reaction score
If I were in charge of Marshall I would purchase Friedman and merge the lines. Have a "Classic" line with the 800, Plexi etc (all PCB but still built in England) for those that still want those amps, and a "Modded" line with all of Friedman's amps rebranded under the Marshall headshell and logo. Marshall should have capitalized on the mod craze 30 years ago. I would shut down the overseas operations except for Valvestate, MG, Code and other entry-level amps.

Screw Friedman.
If anything Marshall should sue.

Springfield Scooter

Reaction score

Interesting find Tex.

Very interesting, and not all doom and gloom like others would believe.

After looking at these numbers, Marshall was doing very well for 2016 :

Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization... Up 95%

They reduced expenses in NUMEROUS ways, and the profits increased as a result....

Post-tax profit up 56%

Current assets up 50% and sitting on a shitload of cash too.

Cash flow looks very healthy! Up 500%. WTF? Is that a misprint??????

Marshall was not struggling in 2016!

liontato

Reaction score
:lol:I would hire Russian hackers to change the avatars to a pink princess for anyone who said anything negative about Marshall. Kidding.

Reactions: JAC

Latest posts