im thinking about getting a Dsl

• Thread starter Crikey
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SJMack

Reaction score
have given this amp search great thought and introspection. Pelix suggest the Dsl. can anyone suggest whether I should get a Dsl?
The DSL 40 is a great dependable amp..the combo is built like a tank and it does everything cleans are great, crushing crunch and distortion no need for pedals.. There's a power mode u can reduce it to 20 watts and u can play it at bedroom level without losing ur tone. I've been gigging with them for years once you get ur channel volume levels set I don't think I ever run the main volume past 12:00..Only down side to them is the Reverb is not the best but if your not into that big fender type reverb than it's not a big deal , they are heavy but they do make a 20 watts version which are also very nice..If you go with one highly recommend the optional foot switch from Marshall, pricy but gives you total control of the amp..Good Luck🎸

Spooky88

Reaction score
JVM if you’re a tech guy that wants to run a full midi operation. DSL if you’re not.

Crikey

Reaction score
Ive tried the cr40’s ,it sounds good to my ears

Dean Swindell

Reaction score
Year 2000 JCM 2000 DSL 100.

Year 2000 JCM 2000 DSL 100.

My friend has a TSL combo he loves - I hate it for the noise and scratchy scooped out tone. I don't like any JCM 2000 amps and would only recommend those DSLs for project amps. I don't know just how many incarnations there are - at least three - but I'd get the newest one. It also is the first to have a really nice reverb.

Crikey

Reaction score
I had a DSL 40 for about a week, but did not mind-meld with it.
Ive learned that Marshalls really need to be dialed in. I was not impressed with the mini Jubilee. I was actually greatly disappointed when I first played one at Sam Ash store. It was shrilly and lacked depth. the MFers gave me sone favorite settings that I tried on my next visit and after trying those settings it sounded good.

Crikey

Reaction score
well, this Dsl post have fallen well short of 500 instant likes.
where they at Pelix?? :)

BeardedRetroGuy

Reaction score
This never stops being funny. The British accents also add to that.
"Look man, if you are wanting a BJ, just go onto the Marshall Forum and tell them you are thinking of getting a DSL. You will get two pages of people wanting to swallow you." That line gets ME every time, and I thought about this video when I first saw this thread, but I didn't post it because I was SURE it's been too damned long and I was SURE it had been posted way too many times and I didn't want to piss off any mods here.

taylodl

Reaction score
The DSL 40 is a great dependable amp..the combo is built like a tank and it does everything cleans are great, crushing crunch and distortion no need for pedals.. There's a power mode u can reduce it to 20 watts and u can play it at bedroom level without losing ur tone. I've been gigging with them for years once you get ur channel volume levels set I don't think I ever run the main volume past 12:00..Only down side to them is the Reverb is not the best but if your not into that big fender type reverb than it's not a big deal , they are heavy but they do make a 20 watts version which are also very nice..If you go with one highly recommend the optional foot switch from Marshall, pricy but gives you total control of the amp..Good Luck🎸

I've had nothing but trouble with the 6 button foot switch for this amp. I keep sending them back to Sweetwater and I'll get one that lasts for a few months and then stops working. My amp sits in the studio, so it's not like the switch is getting moved and banged about.

PelliX

Reaction score
well, this Dsl post have fallen well short of 500 instant likes.
where they at Pelix?? :)

Almost missed this, next time - tag me (@PelliX with two L's)! Just gave you another... I can only do so much, man. Guess all the rockstars that frequent the forum are on tour....

Also, I'm not sure about demographics here, but I would wager 80% if not more of the users on here are guys, and probably most of 'em straight... Maybe the video suffered from a bad translation. There are a LOT of people here suggesting you get a (little) head...

thesunship

Reaction score
I've had nothing but trouble with the 6 button foot switch for this amp. I keep sending them back to Sweetwater and I'll get one that lasts for a few months and then stops working. My amp sits in the studio, so it's not like the switch is getting moved and banged about.
Midi is definitely more reliable. Someone sold the amp to me with the footswitch and I sold that thing right away.

Crikey

Reaction score
Almost missed this, next time - tag me (@PelliX with two L's)! Just gave you another... I can only do so much, man. Guess all the rockstars that frequent the forum are on tour....

Also, I'm not sure about demographics here, but I would wager 80% if not more of the users on here are guys, and probably most of 'em straight... Maybe the video suffered from a bad translation. There are a LOT of people here suggesting you get a (little) head...

well that sucks. lol
where the ladies??
and my instant 500 likes.

btw I'm still considering the Dsl... lol

PelliX

Reaction score
well that sucks. lol
where the ladies??
and my instant 500 likes.

btw I'm still considering the Dsl... lol

Watch the video again closely; *nowhere* was it mentioned that people wanting to swallow you were *female*. Terms and conditions, my man, terms and conditions. :rofl:

Latest posts