• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Let's see your Pedalboard

• Thread starter Sapient
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TXOldRedRocker

Classic Rock or die! -- Patrick Henry
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Current state, that I hope lasts a while. Two studio boards, both can run stereo in wet/wet or wet/dry with preamp and effects loops. And one fly/jam board used with a Fender, so all preamp. The Fender has Reverb and Trem built in.

StudioBoardOne.jpg

StudioBoardTwo.jpg

FlyBoard.jpg

speyfly

Reaction score
Current state, that I hope lasts a while. Two studio boards, both can run stereo in wet/wet or wet/dry with preamp and effects loops. And one fly/jam board used with a Fender, so all preamp. The Fender has Reverb and Trem built in.

View attachment 93850

View attachment 93851

View attachment 93852

"TXOldRedRocker, I see you have the EQ2, just curious about what your thought are.

Thx,

Edit:
I finally added the SD-1 to my board and over all it a good pedal that will cover most rock/blues tones. I'm stuck in the late 60's and early 70's Les Paul/Plexi tone and I've found one pedal that can get me there and that's the Ultimate Drive. Yeah, it's a cheap pedal and it falls apart fast above 10 O'clock on the gain but between 8 and 10 it really lights up my O20H.

Pedalboard 1.JPG

Last edited:

TXOldRedRocker

Classic Rock or die! -- Patrick Henry
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
"TXOldRedRocker, I see you have the EQ2, just curious about what your thought are.

Thx,

Edit:
I finally added the SD-1 to my board and over all it a good pedal that will cover most rock/blues tones. I'm stuck in the late 60's and early 70's Les Paul/Plexi tone and I've found one pedal that can get me there and that's the Ultimate Drive. Yeah, it's a cheap pedal and it falls apart fast above 10 O'clock on the gain but between 8 and 10 it really lights up my O20H.

View attachment 94015

Hey @speyfly, nice board.

I have an SD-1 as well, it's just not currently on a board. There's a chance it will replace the Tube Screamer TS9 on my biggest board. I too am blues and classic rock, late 60's to late 70's. I have 10 electric guitars, 7 are Gibson Les Paul's. Kindred spirits.

I really like the EQ2, I actually have two. One is not pictured in my post above. It's a quality build, no tone suck. Main thing for me is that it has presets. Hard to do that with an MXR 10 Band or other strictly analog EQ. I'm not a songwriter, I play other people's music. I prefer to sound like the original artist. When I'm after a specific tone, just stomp on the switcher and then I can also select an EQ preset to get me there.

In addition to my post above, I have an experimental all-Midi pedalboard I didn't post because it's in a case and currently not being used. On that board, the EQ2 has 8 presets recallable by the Midi controller. That's the board pictured below.

Anyway, it's just my favorite EQ, and it's full stereo.

MidiBoard20210604small.jpg

LPMarshall hack

Reaction score
I have an SD-1, a GE-7, and a tuner. Might as well put them on a little board just for ease and neatness.

do I need a pedal power supply? I’ve been using batteries in my pedals forever. Will my little pedal board benefit from a power brick of some sort?

thanks.

SkyMonkey

Reaction score
With nothing digital on your board @LPMarshall hack you may get away with a 3-way daisy chain.
Before I stepped up to an isolated brick, the only pedal I had that made noise on a D-C was a Boss RC-3.
Daisy chains are dirt cheap.
Borrow a wall wort from a mate and try it out.

LPMarshall hack

Reaction score
With nothing digital on your board @LPMarshall hack you may get away with a 3-way daisy chain.
Before I stepped up to an isolated brick, the only pedal I had that made noise on a D-C was a Boss RC-3.
Daisy chains are dirt cheap.
Borrow a wall wort from a mate and try it out.
Ok thanks…I’ll try that first then.

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

FleshOnGear

Harmonic Hermit
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Currently living in a van down by the river.
upload_2021-9-14_13-39-9.png
iu

I don't use a tuner anymore. I don't have the time or the patience for that. Besides, I'll just have to do it again tomorrow anyway. Once a month is enough.

LPMarshall hack

Reaction score
I’m willing to bet that unit doesn’t have isolated outputs, and in that case I would rather have a wall-wart and daisy chain just to save board space.
Thank you...just curious, but what makes you think this does not have isolated outputs? Are the cheaper power bricks not what they say they are? The ad says "10 isolated outputs...". I guess if they are false advertising, I wouldn't be surprised.

FleshOnGear

Harmonic Hermit
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you...just curious, but what makes you think this does not have isolated outputs? Are the cheaper power bricks not what they say they are? The ad says "10 isolated outputs...". I guess if they are false advertising, I wouldn't be surprised.
My bad, I skimmed the page looking for the word “isolated” and didn’t see it. Yeah, it might be overkill, unless you have room for it and plan to add pedals. Either way, it’s a steal for 10 isolated outs.

LPMarshall hack

Reaction score
My bad, I skimmed the page looking for the word “isolated” and didn’t see it. Yeah, it might be overkill, unless you have room for it and plan to add pedals. Either way, it’s a steal for 10 isolated outs.
Ha ok...thanks. I only have three pedals, and I dont always use them, so I think I will try the wall wort stuff first. My three pedals only draw about 70mA combined, and these wall worts supposedly can power up to 1000mA. I like the one that fitz288 suggested above

SkyMonkey

Reaction score
I powered 6 pedals off one wall wort without a problem, and one was a digital Zoom Multi Stomp
It was only when I got the RC-3 that the noise started.

I ended up with a Harley Benton ISO-1 from Thomann with 8 isolated outs.
It has the same footprint as a Boss pedal.
They also do a tiny ISO-5 with just 5 outs.
Both run off a 2A 12v wall wort to give between 300-500mA each out @ 9v.

I posted about them in the 'Hey pedalboard guys!' thread.

Last edited:

LPMarshall hack

Reaction score
Another question about power...

What do you all think is more the desirable of these two options:

Powering three pedals (SD-1, GE-7, tuner) via daisy chain 9V wall wort as stated above

or

Powering the pedals via the output of my Korg Pitchblack tuner?

Does one have "cleaner" power than the other?

SkyMonkey

Reaction score
What do you all think is more the desirable of these two options:

Powering three pedals (SD-1, GE-7, tuner) via daisy chain 9V wall wort as stated above

or

Powering the pedals via the output of my Korg Pitchblack tuner?

Does one have "cleaner" power than the other?
I would think they are 'Same bloke, different fella'.
I doubt the Korg has any power conditioning.
The Pitchblack output would limit you to 200mA for your other two pedals, but that is ample.
For that (and neatness), only a 2-point daisy chain would be needed, and 'Male' at all connections (harder to find).
Standard Female-in, Male-out daisy chains are far easier to source.

Last edited: