Marshall MG A Collectable Now?

• Thread starter colchar
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

treetrunk

Reaction score
Wow! There's still hope for the wayward and the lost;)

jaek

Reaction score
Speaking of funny as hell, check out the ad linked below. The guy wants $2000 for a guitar he claims retails for $8000. Read the ad to see which guitar he is selling!

Custom Guitar

While I highly doubt there's merit to this guy

however

let it be known First Act makes some high dollar/quality guitars and it would NOT be out of possibility for one to be 8000 retail.

JakeQJCM2000

Reaction score
Well...the first generation MG's are better than the newer ones, but I don't think they're collectibles yet :lol: ..great bang for the buck though!

colchar

Reaction score
Well...the first generation MG's are better than the newer ones, but I don't think they're collectibles yet :lol: ..great bang for the buck though!

I think the newer ones are better than the older ones. Granted, I think they both pretty much suck but the newer ones suck less.

JakeQJCM2000

Reaction score
I think the newer ones are better than the older ones. Granted, I think they both pretty much suck but the newer ones suck less.

In my personal opinion the newer ones sound much more fake. The older generation actually sound very decent! Not a tube amp, but for a transistor very nice. I think Marshall realized that and cheepend the new ones because they were very good for the money!

dcooper830

Reaction score
I'm one of the few people that really like the MG100HDFX heads.

As long as you run 'em through a quality cabinet they sound really good IMO.

Also.... the clean channel set to crunch and boosted with a Tubescreamer sounds much better than anything you can get out of the overdrive channel. (IMO of course).

Of course they'll never be collectable.

Not even my awesome Orange one :)

DSC03313.jpg

JakeQJCM2000

Reaction score
I'm one of the few people that really like the MG100HDFX heads.

As long as you run 'em through a quality cabinet they sound really good IMO.

Also.... the clean channel set to crunch and boosted with a Tubescreamer sounds much better than anything you can get out of the overdrive channel. (IMO of course).

Of course they'll never be collectable.

Not even my awesome Orange one :)

DSC03313.jpg

I agree with you totally man!! I think they're awesome amps, and if you know how to use em you're set. They aren't tube, but shit I had a MG100DFX halfstack and mic'd up you'd think it was a tube head...it was run through an EQ rack of course, but still I do think MG's are great amps for the money :) :hippie: