Need your thoughts and help.

• Thread starter lovehifi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lovehifi

Reaction score
Have a JVM410HJS and I have been using an Eleven Rack, not for amp models but just for a few effects and the convenience of being able to adjust things through the computer and for creating some simple patches. Never use more than 2-3 effects at a time and maybe the EQ. I have it hooked through the effects loop on the HJS and all works and is set up as it should be.
However the noise, buzzing and hum drive me nuts. Even to the point that the built in noise gates on the HJS help little unless I run them all the way up. I have tried different AC outlets, different USB cables to the computer, different interconnects. Everything! Cant get rid of the noise. Even tried hooking the Eleven Rack to the front of the amp and no go. Noise still there. The only way I have been able to get rid of the noise is to put a ground lift plug on the HJS which I imagine is a horrible idea. So I'm beginning to think about doing away with the Eleven rack and just buying some pedals. I tried using my Bad Monkey OD pedal and no noise at all. So do you seasoned experts think pedals is the way to go? Oh and if it matters I only play at home. No gigging. Thanks

mickeydg5

Reaction score
The middle east of the united states of America
There should not be hum issues I would think.

If the Eleven Rack is disconnected is there still hum?

Did you try the ground lift on the back of the Eleven Rack?

Are your instrument/patch cables for signal in good working order, clean and making good contact?

lovehifi

Reaction score
There should not be hum issues I would think.

If the Eleven Rack is disconnected is there still hum?

Did you try the ground lift on the back of the Eleven Rack?

Are your instrument/patch cables for signal in good working order, clean and making good contact?
No hum when eleven rack is unhooked from amp but I found the problem. Eleven Rack has a right and left out to amp jacks. I was just reading on a forum where someone was running into the same situation and someone said that there have been a few that had bad jacks on the (L) Out to amp jack. So I took my cable out and plugged it into the (R) out to amp jack and now no hum. Just the slight noise from the USB cable. Unhook the USB cable and zero noise. So it looks like I have a bad jack on the Eleven Rack. Easy fix. Thanks

mickeydg5

Reaction score
That is good to hear.

Try cleaning the jack contacts (and cable plugs) really good first with an electronics contact cleaner. A small (nail) file or sand paper across the contact points will help also. Unless the jack is actually screwed up cleaning should do the trick.

lovehifi

Reaction score
That is good to hear.

Try cleaning the jack contacts (and cable plugs) really good first with an electronics contact cleaner. A small (nail) file or sand paper across the contact points will help also. Unless the jack is actually screwed up cleaning should do the trick.
Thanks and I will give your suggestions a try before replacing the jack. Appreciate your help.

dreyn77

Reaction score
DUDE! glowing valve need what?

computers have valves?

you think what you're doing is correct?

the JVMHS have a direct out?
it might match the computers amp style much better than the high power full valve loop out.

Do you drive your monster truck to the local shopping mall? does it fit in the car park space?

Foolish!

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
Foolish to run a rack fx unit thru the fx loop on an amp? Isn't that the idea behind a loop? Who gives a ratsass if the fx unit then goes to a puter via USB...? Not understanding your beef I'm afraid... seems a bit over the top, man....

lovehifi

Reaction score
Dreyn

It is not a loop out. It is the USB out from the Rack Eleven. That interfaces with Pro Tools and the computer.
I don't use Pro Tools and just use the USB to run to the computer for the editing software so I can make adjustments and create patches and save them. The Eleven Rack is hooked up through the fx loop on the amp like its supposed to be. I have the Eleven Rack hooked up using the four cable method. Not sure I understand your previous post?

blues_n_cues

VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't use Pro Tools and just use the USB to run to the computer for the editing software so I can make adjustments and create patches and save them. The Eleven Rack is hooked up through the fx loop on the amp like its supposed to be. I have the Eleven Rack hooked up using the four cable method. Not sure I understand your previous post?

don't worry,noone ever understands his nonsensical Bullsh*t.:wave:

blues_n_cues

VIP Member
Reaction score

computers have valves?

it might match the computers amp style much better than the high power full valve loop out.

Do you drive your monster truck to the local shopping mall? does it fit in the car park space?

Foolish!

yet another thread where Dreyn shows up spewing some outrageous left field gobbledygook.

someone in authoriteh please reign him in a bit.....

Frankv

Reaction score

computers have valves?

Foolish!

I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt here and say you didnt understand the OPs post..

mickeydg5

Reaction score
Me?
If so, with what reference?

Latest posts