New York City impressions

• Thread starter VintageGuy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

VintageGuy

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I went to NYC for vacations.Man, what a trip!!The whole trip was 9 hours from Athens with a connecting flight at heathrow airport UK. The trip UK-NY was boring so 3 jack and coke drinks were ideal for a nice sleep.

We booked a hotel right at the heart of Manhattan. About 2 minutes on foot from times square. I visited all the museums, Liberty/Ellis island, Empire State building etc. Everything was incredible! But I wasn't fascinated by the statue of liberty. It's too small!!!!!I loved your pancakes with maple syrup and of course the DALLAS BBQ at times square. Fifth Avenue was incredible too. I visited Apple store, Ambercrombie and all the high-profile stores around there.

I had a tour of central park with those bicycles and man!This park is a thing of beauty. Also, I was really impressed with the woodburry common outlet. Oh my!Shopping therapy has never been better! A polo shirt by Ralph Lauren at 30$ where in Athens it costs 150?Gimme a break!About 80% of the spare money were spent there :headbanger:

I also visited the greek community at astoria to eat some GREEK food since with all those pancakes and hamburgers I was feeling like a whale!Guitar Center and Sam Ash where a guitar heaven since in Greece we don't have so big stores.

I tried as many guitars as I wanted, they even gave me some of their picks as a souvenir!!!!(with their own label). I was really impressed by the americans. VERY helpful and easy-going. When I was asking for directions almost everyone I asked opened a map for me and told me about my destination.

BB King Jazz club, hard rock cafe and blue note where fantastic and the service incredible . Everywhere the service was incredible. From a typical KFC to a deluxe mexican restaurant.

I have to say though that american girls are awesome. Damn, in greece every chick things too much of herself. We are full of prima-donnas.

Although I enjoyed this trip since i did EVERYTHING a tourist must do there, I didn't like the subway. Too hot like it doesn't have an air conditioning system and way too dirty. Only the grand central station was ok (for obvious reasons I suppose).

There wasn't a problem with the language since I've been studying AMERICAN english since I started speaking and writing my mother language (about 3-4 years old and im 22) and sometimes it's easier for me to talk and write english . I've even learned to distinguish the various accents. My personal favorite is the Californian :)

But the best part of this whole trip is that I finally went to broadway and saw the phantom of the opera. The performance was breath-taking and i was shocked by the quality of the production.

As a smoker, I hated the fact that i had to go outside to have a cigarette and whenever I was going to buy a pack, they were looking at me like i was a complete junkie wanting to get high!

Man,those american cars are beasts!Mustangs,Camaros, Lincoln, SUVs that made a BMW X5 look like a Beetle and of course a dodge viper parked outside of plaza hotel. In greece the only "real" american car you may see is a cadillac escalade....

I created this post because adwex asked. Feel free if you have any questions!

i hope i might be able to visit again NYC at christmas and watch a game between knicks and lakers at madison square garden.

Jack92CH

Reaction score
I'm happy you enjoyed the visit.:wave:

Personally I don't have many nice things to say about New York...If I were to make a recommendation for your next American trip...

GO TO VEGAS!

You can hit the Hoover Dam and Grand Canyon in the same trip. They're both unbelievable.

VintageGuy

Reaction score
I'm happy you enjoyed the visit.:wave:

Personally I don't have many nice things to say about New York...If I were to make a recommendation for your next American trip...

GO TO VEGAS!

You can hit the Hoover Dam and Grand Canyon in the same trip. They're both unbelievable.

vegas huh?You never know!

Username2

Reaction score
But I wasn't fascinated by the statue of liberty. It's too small!!!!!I

That is because the thing is French. Americans would have made her tits bigger.

loved your pancakes with maple syrup and of course the DALLAS BBQ at times square.

How were the titty bars in Time Square? Pretty raunchy?

Oh my!Shopping therapy has never been better! A polo shirt by Ralph Lauren at 30$ where in Athens it costs 150?Gimme a break!About 80% of the spare money were spent there

Blue Jeans baby, did you buy some Levi's

I was really impressed by the americans. VERY helpful and easy-going. When I was asking for directions almost everyone I asked opened a map for me and told me about my destination.

Wow really... nice to hear this as New Yorkers are generally some of the biggest assholes in this country. Heck you were probably asking questions around happy hour.

I have to say though that american girls are awesome. Damn, in greece every chick things too much of herself. We are full of prima-donnas. .

Are you sure they were girls?? Some New York chicks have a dick. Just saying.

Man,those american cars are beasts!Mustangs,Camaros, Lincoln, SUVs that made a BMW X5 look like a Beetle and of course a dodge viper parked outside of plaza hotel. In greece the only "real" american car you may see is a cadillac escalade....

Yep we like big cars with big gas sucking engines.

Glad to hear you enoyed your trip, suppose you want to come here now... gees more immigrants (just kidding)

Lot of cool places to go and see here in the US, New York is a start but I can assure you there are much cooler places to visit here. Nice post.

FlyingVMan

Reaction score
Glad you had a great time here. Please tell your friends. We don't bite, well, some of the chicks will nibble on request......:)

Clammy

Reaction score
Sounds like you had a blast. That's how I felt about my trip to Athens last summer, heheheh... ;)

You said you did the Central Park bike tour. Was your guide a large American Indian with long black hair, by any chance? Kenny, our singer, does that as his job down there, hahahaha!!! :lol:

Cheers!
:dude::dude::dude:

brp

Reaction score
I can get Exciter's singer to guide me on a Central Park Bike Tour?
That's worth the price of admission alone. I'm in! :lol:
Can we book in advance with Kenny specifically?

Seriously, can we?

Clammy

Reaction score
I can get Exciter's singer to guide me on a Central Park Bike Tour?
That's worth the price of admission alone. I'm in! :lol:
Can we book in advance with Kenny specifically?

Seriously, can we?

I'll ask him. If you don't hear back from me within a few days, remind me, hehehe... I have the memory of whatever is opposite to an elephant! :lol::lol:

Cheers!

richieG

Reaction score
Nice man. Sounds like you had an awesome time.

I would love to go to New York.

I live in Australia.

VintageGuy

Reaction score
nuke i didn't go to titty bars. Only visited the meatpacking district (pink elephant club).

No,she didn't have a dick :p

Clammy my guide was from ghana. His name was samomo but we called him sam. How was your time in Athens?

Clammy

Reaction score
nuke i didn't go to titty bars. Only visited the meatpacking district (pink elephant club).

No,she didn't have a dick :p

Clammy my guide was from ghana. His name was samomo but we called him sam. How was your time in Athens?

My time in Athens was amazing, but way too short! I'll be back again one day. No doubt! The beaches are awesome! I love how you can drink at the bars until dawn, and then get a beer at a newsstand on the way home, hehehe... I have a bunch of friends there, so I was well taken care of. ;)

Cheers!

Hollowbody

Reaction score
If you ever do go to Vegas, remember, what happens in Vegas gets treated at the clinic.

Adwex

Reaction score
Nuke, have you ever been to NYC?
There are no titty bars in Times Square anymore...or hookers, or peep shows.
NY'ers are not assholes, they're just in a hurry, and deal with huge crowds all the time.
The chicks with dicks are further downtown, not in Times Square.

Username2

Reaction score
Another then connetions through Newark or JFK the last time I was at Time Square was 1984, that was enough for me. Didn't know New York had become the "friendly" city of the US since then, hmmm. Why am I having a hard time believing that.

My brother was running part of Brookhaven Lab located on Long Island for the past 5 years but never went out there to visit. Choosing between the beach in Cancun and Long Island is pretty easy for me.

Ok busy people that seem like assholes, is that better?

LPMarshall hack

Reaction score
I've even learned to distinguish the various accents. My personal favorite is the Californian

We have an accent?

Adwex

Reaction score
Times Square, a few months ago.
10x6lgm.jpg

i71z6q.jpg