Shill bidders on Ebay! AHH!!!!

• Thread starter Bloodrock
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pat6969

Reaction score
Ebay is a total joke now. I have been dormant on there for a couple years but have been a member for 15 years with 100% positive feedback and over 50 transactions. I sell an item worth $900 and when I get paid I see they are "holding" the funds for 21 days until I establish a proven track record!! Over 50 transactions with 100% isn`t a track record? I think Ebay just found another way to make money. Keep mine, along with 5000 other peoples money for another 21 days to collect the interest. LOL!! Joke!!

Another thing is the customs fees. Whenever I get an item shipped to me from the states I use USPS and never get charged a customs fee, neither does the seller. So tell me where that money goes!! Only time I ever get charged those fees is through UPS or FedEx. Never through USPS and most people ship via USPS. Again, where does the money go?????

Bloodrock

Reaction score
Ebay is a total joke now. I have been dormant on there for a couple years but have been a member for 15 years with 100% positive feedback and over 50 transactions. I sell an item worth $900 and when I get paid I see they are "holding" the funds for 21 days until I establish a proven track record!! Over 50 transactions with 100% isn`t a track record? I think Ebay just found another way to make money. Keep mine, along with 5000 other peoples money for another 21 days to collect the interest. LOL!! Joke!!

Another thing is the customs fees. Whenever I get an item shipped to me from the states I use USPS and never get charged a customs fee, neither does the seller. So tell me where that money goes!! Only time I ever get charged those fees is through UPS or FedEx. Never through USPS and most people ship via USPS. Again, where does the money go?????

Yes sir. That's why I'm done with ebay. I've been a memeber since 2000 and have a rating close to 900 all positive. The fees and bullshit just aren't worth it any more. :noway:

Valvelust

Reaction score
I purchased a guitar which arrived damaged, obvious it was a set up to make it look like it was done in shipping. I made the claim, the money was sent to the seller because that's what UPS and others do because even though I paid for it the seller actually bought it and of course the seller didn't reimburse me so he got double paid. :facepalm: