• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Soldano SLO 30 combo.

• Thread starter TonalEuphoria
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm all over the place with speakers. I've got the Redback with the SC. A Celestion Gold with my DSL40C. Celestion Blue with the 15 watt Monotone combo. Then a 412 with Heritage 20 watt greenbacks and an Orange 412 with a mix of H30'/V30' with my Iconic/ORI50.

Really liking the variety of tones with all these speaker rolls. Shit gets spendy though but I've acquired over time. I've got a Veteran 30 around here somewhere. Had it since WGS were selling at introductory prices. Found I prefer the V30. It's all taste buds.

Anyways I enjoy speaker sampling to get the amps where I want. Been paying off!
I use a Celestion Gold with my SLO30 head and am quite pleased with it.

TonalEuphoria

Reaction score
I worked part time in an aftermarket Harley parts store, as my buddy owned it and I got parts at dealer cost.

My buddy used to have a term for what you guys are talking about, “related sales”, LOL!

” Owe you need a new oil pump, that will be $99.95”. “Owe, by the way, these new high-efficiency gears for your oil pump, improve efficiency and flow”.(related sales) “Well, ya know, beings your buying the new pump, you should get new oil lines( related sales). “If I was getting a new pump, and lines, I’d replace my hose clamps, maybe some cool anodized aluminum ones”(related sales).

And that gents, is why I will have enough money to squeak by, while the tube manufacturers, speaker manufacturers get wealthy. Oh well, I look at it like Christmas when I get new stuff, especially from UPS.

Lol. So many industries make a lot of money on those aftermarket , related sales. I only do what I know I prefer to shape the tone the way I like it, instead of leaving it to what I don't. But it can be costly. I do it with guns too. Thankfully I'm not into many different hobbies or I would be completely broke. :erk:

TonalEuphoria

Reaction score
Pete Thorn does a pretty good review of the Soldano cabs with the Red Back. A lot more presense and focused sound than the Vintage 30's. Pretty nice.

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pete Thorn does a pretty good review of the Soldano cabs with the Red Back. A lot more presense and focused sound than the Vintage 30's. Pretty nice.

This is the vid I found out about the redback. And ordered it shortly after. :agreed:

I did do more looking into them but it didn't take long before I knew I could make use of one. Not disappointed.

Last edited:

TonalEuphoria

Reaction score
This is the vid I found out about the redback. And ordered it shortly after. :agreed:

I did do more looking into them but it didn't take long before I knew I could make use of one. Not disappointed.

Understandable. There isn't a lot out there on it that I see. But that's all you need to do really. Is here a good enough recording of it and a comparision and you flip the coin and try it.

Torren61

Reaction score
I have the SLO-30 head. I can swap cabs with my amp/speaker selector. My cabs are a '72 Marshall 4X12 with Celestion G12S speakers, a 4X12 with Celestion Creambacks, a 4X12 with Mesa Boogie Celestions (don't know which ones), 2X12 with Celestion Greenbacks, 1X15 Weber, 2X12 Celestion Alnico Blues, 1x12 Scumback J75-LD, 1X12 Fane A90 and a 1X12 Celestion Alnico Gold. The amp sounds great with all of them. I'd sure like to have that combo, though.

TonalEuphoria

Reaction score
I have the SLO-30 head. I can swap cabs with my amp/speaker selector. My cabs are a '72 Marshall 4X12 with Celestion G12S speakers, a 4X12 with Celestion Creambacks, a 4X12 with Mesa Boogie Celestions (don't know which ones), 2X12 with Celestion Greenbacks, 1X15 Weber, 2X12 Celestion Alnico Blues, 1x12 Scumback J75-LD, 1X12 Fane A90 and a 1X12 Celestion Alnico Gold. The amp sounds great with all of them. I'd sure like to have that combo, though.

Combo's are so handy. Everyone has they're tastes and needs but with the move to low stage volume, use of modelers, no amps on stage, there really isn't much a combo can't do if a player wants to play real tube amps and carry a small rig.

Lancer X

Reaction score
Hi SLO fans -

Slight thread hijack, but wanted to ask while this has everyone's attention.

What has been your experience with the SLO-30 at home practice / so-called bedroom volumes?

I am planning to build a clone of the SLO-30 head, but have been considering maybe designing the power amp for two 6V6 instead to make it more home friendly. (Not currently playing with a band, and there's always the preamp out option.)

I have heard a lot of positive comments about this unit's master volume, but hoping for more opinions from you folks.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

TonalEuphoria

Reaction score
Hi SLO fans -

Slight thread hijack, but wanted to ask while this has everyone's attention.

What has been your experience with the SLO-30 at home practice / so-called bedroom volumes?

I am planning to build a clone of the SLO-30 head, but have been considering maybe designing the power amp for two 6V6 instead to make it more home friendly. (Not currently playing with a band, and there's always the preamp out option.)

I have heard a lot of positive comments about this unit's master volume, but hoping for more opinions from you folks.

Thanks in advance!

I've only had the pleasure of playing the SLO-30 head through a Mesa Vintage 30 loaded cab. But it made me love it like a crackhead loves those little yellow rocks. It would be interesting to see you try building a clone. I'd wonder how close it gets.

Latest posts