The Official Marshall Studio Vintage Thread Sv20h

• Thread starter Michael Roe
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

johan.b

Reaction score
Looks fantastic, what do you have for elements in the 1912 ?
I've got an 80's g12t75 in there...
And the amp is glorious..
As anyone who played a plexi knows, a lot of the magic comes from sheer sound pressure.. obviously, being low power, you get less power, but the sound is there all the way...
I got the 1912 for when I need to keep level down, and from experience, I think in 20 watt mode, using the 1912, it'll be prefect for the small bar gig.
5 watt/1912 is party-loud in my small man cave
I'm guessing 5 watt in a 4x12(I have a few of those spread around town) and tight room, good for rehearsal and roughly the same as 20 watt/1×12
and 20 watt/4×12 will be loud stage.... at least by modern standards..
I don't have one, but I'm guessing a 2x12 and 20 watt would be optimal setup, perfect every time, gigging and rehearsal.... if you're an exclusive "at home" player, I think the 1x10 combo is the way to go
J

kustombob

Reaction score
What scale would you use to judge gain. Hendix ' Zepplin' ZZ TOP' Areosmith' low gain'. 80's metal like Priest ' Saxon' Maiden' Medium gain or high gain. Is their a medium gain. Thanks

johan.b

Reaction score
….and it sounds amazing...they've done a great job on recreating that nmv sound...add a ts9/sd1 for anything 80's and onwards...a RAT or a ds1 for motley crew or anything 80's L.A. have'nt tried an OCD yet, i usually find that one too smooth…
j

Guitardave

Reaction score
I’ve currently got a Friedman Runt 20 with matching 1x12 cab at the moment, but i’m really liking the look and sound of these Studio Vintage plexi’s... Anyone compared the two? I’m guessing I would need an attenuator to run the Vintage into distortion sounds at home? Any thoughts welcome!

EndGame00

Reaction score
There’s a gutshot video of the Studio Vintage on youtube and there’s no bias pot inside... all PCB circuit like a DSL.

Michael Roe

Reaction score
Had some fun with my SV today. I have had this TC Electronic G-System for a few years. I have never really used it to it's full potential, mostly as just a midi footswitch for my JMP-1 preamp and just a little chorus & verb. So, I got to thinking....what if I put the SV's preamp in one of the 5 programmable loops of the G? Works great! I can put my drive pedals in loops as well and now have several presets with the pedals on or off. Awesome! Ok,...…………..Add my JMP-1 preamp in a loop as well? Will have to try it out.
This could get fun if it works out.

Latest posts