• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

The Official Marshall Studio Vintage Thread Sv20h

• Thread starter Michael Roe
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

middy

Reaction score
Man that sounds good and hes a good player!! I just wonder what the other people say that live in that Apartment Building???
I think that might be a workshop for his business or maybe even his own house. I doubt it’s a condo. Neighbors aren’t going to put up with 125 db full stacks.

Maggot Brain

Reaction score
Friday will be the true test imo and I am beyond excited. I can already tell in his first 2 video that the 2x12 is a limiting factor, I run mine thru a 4x12 loaded with Vtypes and it sounds bigger than it does in his 2 videos. Still I was extremly impressed by how close the SV and Vtypes could get at times to his '73 JMP!

I bet it's going to sound legit thru his vintage 4x12 with pre rolas!

kinleyd

Reaction score
Man, I found the JBL D120F so Hendrixian at 1:55 and 5:10 - dreamy, hypnotic and infused with a touch of sadness. :wub2:

middy

Reaction score
The 1987x is a little thicker and stiffer (in a good way), because 2.5x the watts and fixed bias and bigger trannies. It’s not really noticeable recorded in a band mix, a little more noticeable played clean.
Probably more noticeable in person, but in a smaller venue that low end is arguably doing more harm than good for your live mix.
The studio amps are perfect for small-medium venues.

johan.b

Reaction score
They're still around 800 euro/$ in Europe so it's not marshall but rather their American agent.. price gouging?.... seems to be the trend on everything over there now... oh, it's happening over here too, just not as severe yet.... we'll get there soon enough... it's 2020-TOO... Expect anything...

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're still around 800 euro/$ in Europe so it's not marshall but rather their American agent.. price gouging?.... seems to be the trend on everything over there now... oh, it's happening over here too, just not as severe yet.... we'll get there soon enough... it's 2020-TOO... Expect anything...
Yeah, we stuck with Biden, for now,…. So there’s that,…

(Ok I’ll shut up)

johan.b

Reaction score
Yeah, we stuck with Biden, for now,…. So there’s that,…

(Ok I’ll shut up)
Biden's got nothing to do with it. He doesn't rule here but we got the same problem... if you want to get philosophical, it's the western capitalism running its course and reaching the end of its run where all and everything is concentrated at one point, one owner... next they'll come for your blood...
.. ok, I'll shut up too... ha ha..

Latest posts