• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

What would you like to see from Marshall?

• Thread starter davidclayson
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

davidclayson

Reaction score
Anyone got any ideas of what direction the company might take this year? Although it's not my cup of tea, the direction of the Astoria seems promising. Looks like they want to show that the (former?) leader in guitar amps mean business and can put out a quality product still.

At least for the mid price range. I know in addition to an updated rack pre, I'd like to see the DSL line as they are now discontued and replaced with a dual channel amp, with dedicated full EQ strips for each, made in England (PCB is fine, just with quality transformers etc.). I know the JVM 2 series exists but correct me if I'm wrong, they are more geared to the high gain crowd.

I'm talking one channel clean, one channel hot rod 800.

blues_n_cues

VIP Member
Reaction score
An updated version of the JMP-1, e.g. a JVM410 preamp in a midi-controlled, -1-space rack. I know it can be done and I have a strong suspition that it would be a hit :cool:

I laid out some ideas for a JMP-2.0 but they also need to start shipping the power amps to the States again. :mad:

...or maybe even a truly reactive digital "modeled" EL34/6L6/6550 100w-300w single space power amp that comes in @ under 10-13 lbs. :naughty:

and release the AS100D stereo acoustic amp in WHITE.
https://marshallamps.com/products/amplifiers/acoustic-soloist/as100d/

tschrama

Reaction score
I laid out some ideas for a JMP-2.0 but they also need to start shipping the power amps to the States again. :mad:

...or maybe even a truly reactive digital "modeled" EL34/6L6/6550 100w-300w single space power amp that comes in @ under 10-13 lbs. :naughty:

and release the AS100D stereo acoustic amp in WHITE.
https://marshallamps.com/products/amplifiers/acoustic-soloist/as100d/

+1.. a 200W class-D power amp that, for once, truly feels like a tube power amp would be an hit. And , I am sure, modern day DSP would make it possible.

SGed

Reaction score
Since I am an old fart, I would like a 30 watt version of the JVM 410C, made as small and light as possible with a single 12". I own a 410H and think its one of the best amps made.

bigbadorange

Reaction score
What would I like to see from Marshall?

Well, for starters, I want a balls-to-the-wall roaring Marshall amp that has a brilliant clean channel that makes me think of a Fender Twin-Reverb, a classic crunch channel based on the JCM-800 circuit, and two different high-gain channels. One of the channels should be more of a traditional Marshall sound while the other should be very modern, very heavy distortion, very power-chord chunky. It should have a classic Marshall Presence knob, but also a new Resonance knob so I can control all the death-metal power-chord de-tuned chunking.

Oh, and while you're at it, could you make sure each different channel has its own EQ? I'd love some independent EQs. Also, might as well install some channel volume controls so I can equalize the volume across all the channels. I don't want to not-be-heard, then blast out everyones' ears suddenly at a gig.

Let's add a digital reverb in there that sounds awesome, because you can't go wrong with a good reverb.

And oh yeah, can I get two Master Volumes? Footswitchable, too. In fact, make everything footswitchable, including the FX Loop.

:hmm:

OH WAIT, I ALREADY F***ING HAVE ALL OF THIS!!!

DSC00382.jpg

Thanks, Marshall! I guess I don't need anything new from you after all. :yesway:

LOL, I can't disagree with anything you said here. IMHO, ive thought if you can't get the tone you want of a JVM, then it is PROBABLY not the amp.

However since we are wish listing. How about a small box 50 watt jvm (with switches for lower power) . And then turn it into a combo with antigravity plates for a total weight of around 5 pounds.
:slash:

Grogshla

Reaction score
Bring out the JCM2000 DSL again, made in England and with problematic issues solved.

Cadblaster

Reaction score
Something smaller I can actually gig with...
30watt, 3 channels, Loop, Noise Gate, and midi switching.

Don't really care what it cost or where it's made.....

Last edited:

Mcfc_Marshall

Reaction score
BRING BACK THE VALVE BASS AMPS AND CABS!! Especially the VBA400 and VBC Cabs. Maybe even a lower wattage bass amp that's HI FI sounding loaded with KT88s :D

...Instead of just saying "well we bought out eden for that so it's tough" - like they told me when I asked the customer service team...

And for guitar, Maybe a combo or head amp loaded with 6L6s for a slightly different flavour of gain would be interesting.

Latest posts