• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

*** What's your next Marshall? ***

• Thread starter Neptical
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Trapland

Punk, classic, funk, jazz and everything else.
Reaction score
Come to think of it, I actually do want a JTM-1 head or a JMP-1 head. But they never come up at a price I want to pay.
I had all the 1 watt series. As a JMP, JTM guy I thought those mini 1 Watters would be the shiznit. I was actually a bit disappointed. They sounded nothing like the 50 or 100 watt counterparts, even when recording and leveling. The one from that series that sounded most correct, even better than the SC20 was the 1 watt JCM. It has the near perfect sound of a 2204. Wish I'd kept mine.

Tanax

Reaction score
If they make a 20 watt Studio JVM and depending what they do with it, that would be it.
Otherwise I have lots.

Out of curiosity, how would that look to you?
Seeing as it's a small form factor amp, it won't be able to have 4 channels, at least not with separate tone stacks. It's possible not all modes (green/orange/red) will even fit. What would you like to see in a 20W JVM?

niazmet

Reaction score
Seeing as it's a small form factor amp, it won't be able to have 4 channels, at least not with separate tone stacks. It's possible not all modes (green/orange/red) will even fit. What would you like to see in a 20W JVM?
What the DSL lack is a true clean channel and a true crunch channel but it's true that the gain knob go from crunch to ultra high gain
It's more of a luxurity to be honest

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
2 rows of controls. Could have a shared EQ for channels 1 and 2, and 3 and 4. Can't see why the 3 modes wouldn't work as the big boy uses only 2 preamp tubes for all gain modes.
Or recreate a small profile JVM 2 series.
That's why my disclaimer - depends what it looks like. Cleanish is plenty for me, true clean is useless so if it wastes one full channel forget it.

prg435

Reaction score
Think I'm good for the foreseeable future. Love my SJ and it really does the job well. However, if they re-release the 30th anniversary models...... that may require some deeper thought!

niazmet

Reaction score
My next amp is a 2210 20watt which Marshall is going to release in the year 2070

circuit-wise, what can be done to a regular SC20 or a JCM800 50watt to sound like a 2210?

riloot

Reaction score
My next amp is a 2210 20watt which Marshall is going to release in the year 2070

circuit-wise, what can be done to a regular SC20 or a JCM800 50watt to sound like a 2210?
you can set it up in parallel with a fender twin set clean. all u need is an aby box :)

Dean Swindell

Reaction score
Not too interesting, but I'm through screwing around. Both my PRS HDRX 20 and Granger 1987 are great (after I un-modded the Granger), but now I'm going for one more; either a decent condition 2204 (or 2203), a particularly nice clone thereof, or just say the hell with it and get a brand new DSL 100hr. If I wake up one morning tired of waiting for a nice 800 at a reasonable price to show up, I'll probably dive right in on the DSL. Then that's it.