• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Women And The Band.

• Thread starter ricksconnected
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
Point noted, but....
Is this just about when there is "a" female? I mean, just one?

Where I live, and it's possibly just my own peculiar situation, males in a band are usually outnumbered by females.

This seems normal to me.
Am I wrong? How many back-up singers is normal?
We have numerous. Is this wrong?
We are outnumbered. Is this wrong?

Also, to tilt the numbers, you only need to have some instrumentalists.
Actually, I just noticed - ALL our horn players are women.

The proportions are tilting....
I guess it depends on which genre...

I'd venture to say in Metal, Rock, Blues, etc., that men dominate 90% of the field, especially as musicians.

As far as background singers, you'd probably be right to say that women have the larger percentages, but, then background singers are usually not employed w/o that other 90% variable, & not every band has background singers...

Background singers would be like the burger/fry flippers. They'd still be getting hit on, if they give access. :)...

My point though, to some guys, if it has a vagina, it'll get hit on. I have played in a few projects w/ a female singer & the guys would line up & try all the stupid pickup lines. I've heard some pretty low brow stuff...

Denise

Reaction score
ok guys I figured we could talk about the hype of girls and the band.
whats the truths and whats just hype.
I'm not talking pro level, I'm talking bar bands and mini road shows here.

do the girls really "dig" the band? :naughty:
do they still want to spend time with the "rock stars" of the evening?

tell us some of your stories IF you have any. keep it kinda clean as
this is the Back Stage and not the After Hours section.
Whaaaaat? No girls I know have hooked up with someone because they are in a band. Is this a thing? :facepalm:

Geeze

Reaction score
Whaaaaat? No girls I know have hooked up with someone because they are in a band. Is this a thing? :facepalm:

Yep. I seem to remember a woman writing a book in the 80's about being a groupie [yep, with all that that implies]. Led Zep, Stones - that level of conquest.

As a divorced dude for the last nine years, I don't judge, I merely report.

Russ

John BNY

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
At some point, us old guys have to accept the fact that we are old, and (a lot of us) are married. Women who come to watch us perform are passing the time, and have other things on their minds, like husband and kids and life in general. They're not thinking about the bass player being cute.

ricksconnected

Reaction score
At some point, us old guys have to accept the fact that we are old, and (a lot of us) are married. Women who come to watch us perform are passing the time, and have other things on their minds, like husband and kids and life in general. They're not thinking about the bass player being cute.

well I don't think they ever did really find bass players............ never mind.

Biddlin

In Memorandum
Reaction score
Wow. good topic. Yeah chicks and musicians, been there...................

520-bar-grill.jpg

I don't think I'd care to get more specific.

Last edited: