Your Beer Of Choice?

• Thread starter ricksconnected
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ricksconnected

Reaction score
ok guys, beer is like guitars. beer is like tone. beer is like a woman.
and beer is like a sports car. we all tend to like something different.
we all tend to like what the other guy has, but we still are faithful to
our own......... whats your fav beer? :cheers:

I have 3.
Michelob light bottle.
Little Kings in a bottle.
Sam Adams in a bottle.

its just gotta be in a bottle.

if I go for the hard stuff its going to be Apple Crown. :agreed:

ricksconnected

Reaction score
I don't drink to get drunk anymore either. stopped that shit 20 yrs ago.
might have a beer at dinner or while watching a game but that's about it.
still working on a 12 pk I bought around Christmas time and have probably
6 or 7 left.

MarshallDog

Reaction score
I like just about any craft IPA beer whether irs local or not. I can really drink production beer anymore as it tastes like shit to me. Craft IPA and any heavily hoped beer is actually really good for you as long as you dont over do of course!!! I do like the higher quality beers are using cans more and more...really convenient and keeps the beer fresher!!!

mazzefr

Reaction score
For me, the hoppier the better. I don't drink often nor much when I do anymore, so when I do, I want to taste it. There are so many good beers out there now that it's hard to choose. Right now, I have a local brew in the fridge from Allentown Brew Works called Hopsolutely. Good stuff! Among beers with wider distribution, Dogfish Head IPAs, Stone Brewings Arrogant Bastard and Victory's Hop Devil are some of my favorites.

tubes

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I loved the crappy stout I home-brewed back in the 90s.

Actually, the flavour was not 'crappy' to me.
I'm just aware that I should call it 'crappy' because there are many smug experts who know better than me.

Sheesh, I'm in a mood tonight....

Mosher Zone

Reaction score
I usually kick off my drinking with an ale, I like pretty much anything from the Wychwood brewery, i still like to get drunk of a weekend so after that it's just your run of the mill Coors Light or Bud but i prefer Coors Light.

http://www.wychwood.co.uk/

mcblink

Reaction score
I enjoy most microbrews/craft beers, but, lately my most often purchased beer is Red Hook ESB.

Any other PNW'er will be familiar with this one.

In my younger years I would have drank anything indiscriminately.

SonVolt

VIP Member
Reaction score
Wine mostly these days if anything. Something changed in the latter half of my 30's where alcohol lost its magic and started to become more of a nuisance. Even a moderate buzz now can lead to the dreaded 2-day hangovers. If not, at the very least it ruins the following day. Guess time's working against me. If I'm drinking a beer, it's typically something light like a Stella. I can't do Miller/Bud Lite anymore unless I'm sitting on the beach, tastes like sour tea.

Adrian R

Reaction score
Brew hugh? Man, I love the stuff, but crap, I just cannot drink as much of it as I used to...sucks big time. I have spent a great deal of time educating myself about beer. In the end I like only beer that is brewed in Germany, or other regions close by. Most adhere to the German Purity law of the 1500s. All American, domestic brews suck. The craft beers, in addition to being overwhelming, that is the choices, MOST that I have tried are never short on flavor, but their all short on BALANCE. Their either too much up front, or bad in the rear, or just too much all the wayaround. Either way, many are clones of the great European brews. I'm sorry man, but some dude, or small company whom's been brewing beer for a decade or less, maybe more, cannot compete with the great brewers of Europe, some dating back a thousand years. Many of these brewers still use the exact same recipe; centuries old man... I love to think when I am drinking some of this stuff how someone 300 years ago was tasting the same exact beer! To me it is all so obvious whenever I pour one into my glass. The downside some of these age old brewers choose is to put their product in GREEN BOTTLES! Wtf eh? Talk about shooting yourself in the foot before a marathon!...lol. The slightest bit of skunk in the beer's aroma indicates it's JUNK, and will never taste like it was intended to. Fortunately, many brewers are putting their products in cans in which keeps the beer really fresh...those awesome half liter cans (16.9oz). Stella for instance...a really good example of a properly balanced Lager...is shipped in green bottles!!!!!!!!! Don't EVER buy it in a six pack...always buy it in a 12 pack container in where the beer has been shielded from UV light. Light destroys real beer...beer that is brewed with natural ingredients...not *adjuncts*...which many times are synthesized products to emulate the taste of really hops or malt...aka cheap, AMERICAN domestic brew.

Last edited:

SonVolt

VIP Member
Reaction score
Where does Sam Adams fall into the quality scale? Crap or Quality? I don't know why, but all of Sam Adams brews taste the same to me - like they start out with the same base recipe then adjust it for whatever flavor profile they're going for.

Adrian R

Reaction score
Where does Sam Adams fall into the quality scale? Crap or Quality? I don't know why, but all of Sam Adams brews taste the same to me - like they start out with the same base recipe then adjust it for whatever flavor profile they're going for.

Absolutely correct... a good attempt to recreate the great brews of the past..but man, they always fall flat on their face when they finish... All finish in the same manner. Their a good start though...that is in helping someone beginning to learn about the taste of better beer.

Gianni

Reaction score
Red wine and bourbon drinker here, and I don’t like getting drunk, but if beer is your poison... ;)

BeerJustOne.jpg

LPMarshall hack

Reaction score
Don't drink much beer these days. Usually just Miller Lite, or a pale ale if it's the microbrew stuff. I hate all beer in a green bottle.

DaDoc

Reaction score
Rancho Deluxe, Montana..3rd stone from the sun
I like Blue Moon, and some of the honey ryes the microbreweries around here make. I also like Guinness stout.

Here lately though, I've been gravitating toward drinking healthier, so I sometimes do a little red wine with dinner.

Latest posts