Chappers demoing slashes new 5 watt marshall

• Thread starter zack268
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vinsanitizer

Motivational Speaker
VIP Member
Reaction score
Very unimpressed with the SL5.

vinsanitizer-albums-miscellaneousness-picture8253-why-grunch-why.jpg

Last edited:

big dooley

VIP Member
Reaction score
i am impressed... for a 5 watt combo it has some girth in there... the chappers clip just doesn't show it... the official marshall clip does though...

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
It sounds like the AFD100, so they achieved that.

What is the price on these in US$ ?

thenoodler

Reaction score
Instead of flapping their gums for a half hour, how about showing all the features of the amp? For christ sake they don't even know how to operate the on switch. The so called "Captain" isn't aware that the standby is to allow the tubes to warm up, and he's in the f'ing Anderton's family.

Why don't they show us how well it takes pedals on the clean channel?
Why don't they show us how it sounds connected to a 4x12 cab?

It's like watching Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dipshit.

Dizzyg12

Reaction score
Instead of flapping their gums for a half hour, how about showing all the features of the amp? For christ sake they don't even know how to operate the on switch. The so called "Captain" isn't aware that the standby is to allow the tubes to warm up, and he's in the f'ing Anderton's family.

Why don't they show us how well it takes pedals on the clean channel?
Why don't they show us how it sounds connected to a 4x12 cab?

It's like watching Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dipshit.

Yah half assed attempt but they are funny. The 36 seconds we heard of the amp, it sounds beast though.

DWK302

Reaction score
I've been looking for low watt combo amp. I love the AFD, I'm a huge fan of Slash........but, I'm not sure I like the sound of the amp, in this demo at least :(
Doesn't really sound like an AFD to me, right?

I think it's fairly priced. I really want one but I need to see a different demo, or actually need to play the amp. Clean channel sound spot on though.

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been looking for low watt combo amp. I love the AFD, I'm a huge fan of Slash........but, I'm not sure I like the sound of the amp, in this demo at least :(
Doesn't really sound like an AFD to me, right?

I hope we get to see a different demo soon. Clean channel sound spot on though.

It sounded better on the other demo I heard. It was a bit too bassy and flabby on this one. But thats just settings and guitr...mic'ing whatever. It still sounded somewhat like the AFD100.

Gene Ballzz

Reaction score
Yeah,
I've been on the quest for the perfect big/little amp for 35-40 years. I'm looking for the tone and response of a proper PAF equipped Les Paul (no floor/foot pedal/boost junk) into 4-jack 100 watt Super Bass (not hip enough to know the model number), floored, into a 2x4x12 stack in an amp that could get those sounds at wedding reception volumes! Master volume controls seem to be a cruel tone/response joke (unless cranked/basically defeated) and other brand amps barely even come close. I own a Boogie Maverick Dual Rectifier that will give me almost any sound in the universe, EXCEPT that one CLASSIC MARSHALL SOUND:dude: I will reserve my opinion until I plug the "ugly duckling" into one of these units! The "ugly duckling" (pics to follow) is the most crushing guitar I've ever played/owned and eclipses all of my Les Paul Customs, Standards and Studios by miles. It is a simple LP Firebrand, ebony fingerboard, beat upon (what's left of it) finish, with real PAFs from an absolutely worn out/broken/repaired/broken again 57-58 Les Paul Custom. This guitar will feedback-harmonic-squauk every note on the fretboard, with the right amp. All amps I use (combo or head) get plugged into one of my two Greenback, straight, 4x12 boxes. I don't have the serial numbers, but one is the last year of metal handles/wheel cups and the other is the first year of plastic. I won't bore you folks with who I am or where I've been, but the bane of my existence has been the phrase " Man your guitar sounds great, can you just turn it down a little.":rolleyes: I'm not the best player in the world, but I am the king of tone!
Sorry For The Long Rant,
Gene

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
Why? Because I think all of these little 1 and 5 watt amps are stupid, overpriced, and don't live up to the hype.

Yeah what about those little Zildjian splash cymbals. Theyre not all theyre cracked up to be either. They sound like a toilet flushing.

Holme

VIP Member
Reaction score
What's happened to Chappers 'do'?
He looks like a shit Predator!

the-predator-in-the-subway.jpg

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

:thumb:

Grunch

Reaction score
A shit predator? That's funny. Do you mean he's not good at being a predator, or do you mean that he preys on shit?

Holme

VIP Member
Reaction score
A shit predator? That's funny. Do you mean he's not good at being a predator, or do you mean that he preys on shit?

I meant his hair do looks like a shit version of 'The Predators' hair do!

SulynPredatorSci-FiFantasyFestival.jpg

:thumb: