Favorite Strat designs

• Thread starter Vinsanitizer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlackSG91

Reaction score
It really depends on where you live. Pawn shops around here rarely get American Strats, and when they do, they go for a premium price. They have a 2007 deluxe for sale now and it's 1100 plus tax. It's not even stock. The description they have is pulled from the current Fender website, so they don't even describe it right. When my wife was in France she went into a music shop that sold Fenders and took pictures of the prices for laughs. She said we should be going to France and I bring my Strats...sell them...and we retire off the profits. The prices were crazy for American Strats.

I live in the Durty Shwa if you know where that is.:naughty::hbang: Just east of Scarbaria...as you know, the taxes are a real killer. I wish they would include the tax in the prices because it would make life a little more easier.:scratch:

Odin69

Reaction score
I'd like to get one of these. An American Deluxe with a v-neck, compound radius, N-3 noiseless p/u's and S1 switching. I just need to pick the color I like best and, save the cash for it?

DV016_Jpg_Large_1375112791694_A.jpg

DV016_Jpg_Large_423688.063_2-color_sunburst.jpg

X2203xman

Reaction score
This is my '98 American Standard I bought back in 2005 at a pawnshop for about over a $1,000 (w/ tax and a hard shell Fender case). I've seen this guitar late at night through the window behind the counter hanging on the wall. I thought it was a black guitar and I looked carefully to make sure. The next day I walked into the store for the intent of buying it, but when I saw that it wasn't black, but this very dark wine metallic purple, I thought what the hell, close enough. I just love this colour now. I even went as far to soak the pickup covers, the 5-way switch tip, control knobs, & vibrato arm tip all in a big mug of strong coffee overnight for that vintage creme look and now I just love how it turned out since.;)

blacksg91-albums-98-american-standard-fender-stratocaster-picture9040-img164.jpg
blacksg91-albums-98-american-standard-fender-stratocaster-picture9039-img108.jpg

blacksg91-albums-98-american-standard-fender-stratocaster-picture9042-img287.jpg
blacksg91-albums-98-american-standard-fender-stratocaster-picture9043-img339.jpg
Good idea on the coffee soak.I do that to my teeth every morning for that vintage look.:D...Nice strat! I love the way a maple board sounds,but love the feel of a rosewood board much better.

BlackSG91

Reaction score
Good idea on the coffee soak.I do that to my teeth every morning for that vintage look.:D...Nice strat! I love the way a maple board sounds,but love the feel of a rosewood board much better.

I love the feel of this particular rosewood on my guitar. It feels like silky smooth European chocolate.:yum: Here's the video that inspired me to do the coffee trick on my guitar. He's also a member on the MLP forum.;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TwnKuqDYQw]Fender Plastic Relic - YouTube[/ame]

:coffee:

poeman33

Reaction score
Here's a few of my favourites. Well, actually it's just shameless promotion to get more hits on my video hehe.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lwgptpqW8k&feature=share&list=UUmO5mrgi-HTJaa5QPhmw0Ng]Are You Experienced.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

BlackSG91

Reaction score
Here's a few of my favourites. Well, actually it's just shameless promotion to get more hits on my video hehe.
Are You Experienced.wmv - YouTube

Hey, was that you singing? You did a pretty good rendition there!:yesway: Hey, and nice headstocks you have there. Here you go bro...take a haul and pass it around this thread. I'm feeling quite experienced at the moment.;):hippie:

tumblr_m4nwx0g0My1rnv52vo1_500.gif

johnfv

Reaction score
Enjoyed seeing that dark purple Strat that BlackSG91 posted. I was thinking, I need to post my aged nitro "Crown Royale" Strat but 2203Xman beat me to it! :yesway:

BlackSG91

Reaction score
Enjoyed seeing that dark purple Strat that BlackSG91 posted. I was thinking, I need to post my aged nitro "Crown Royale" Strat but 2203Xman beat me to it! :yesway:

Yes, you're guitar is pretty wicked looking...like a sports car.;) The checking on that is pretty awesome!:yesway: How did you do that? With a razor blade or something? I love the one volume no tone control concept. I'm working on another Strat that I'm customizing and it will just have the one volume (no tone).:slash:

guitargoalie

Reaction score
I'm picky, I semi regret my 62 usa strat all the time in favor of the 57, but the C's more comfortable

must contain
-solid colour preferably tobacco sunburst, black, sea foam green, blonde
-white/cream pickguard
-all single coils with vintage covers
-small headstock

would prefer
-maple fingerboard
-vintage tuners
-vintage bridge

in other words it must be blessed by clapton before I'll consider it

57_fen_strat_1.jpg