• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Growling From My Bedroom Closet?

• Thread starter 67Mopar
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

67Mopar

Reaction score
Those would've been cool gifts! Kind of sad to see books burning.
My friend Louise burned her tarot cards, per my suggestion. We were staying at her parents house for 1 week while they were in Ireland. After burning the deck in her parents BBQ pit, we went to the Cleveland Flats for a few hours. Upon arriving, we pulled into the driveway, and Louise said; "Look at the window next to the front door. Do you see that? What? "Do those look like red eyes looking at us through the window?" I told her that it is probably some kind of electronics device, but she said there wasn't anything in the living room that emitted red lights. We got out of her car to get a closer look... I'm no red eyes expert, but there was no question as to what they were. Red eyes! Not only were they red, they scrolled side-to-side between us! We ran back to the car, and ended up driving 30 miles to Avon Lake. She drove to the house the next day, just to be certain that we didn't both hallucinating the same hallucination... Yeah, I know. She called me from her parents house, and said that there was nothing in the living room that would generate light. Crazy!

67Mopar

Reaction score
My band practices in our basement and we keep everything down there all set up. Last October I woke up one morning, and my girlfriend was like, "Last night I heard something hit the snare drum a couple times and I heard what sounded like, NO over the PA." She usually keeps the tv in our bedroom going while we sleep, so I wrote it off as something on tv woke her up, because had something like that actually happened she would have woke me up right away.

A few nights later I was off of work, but my gf was working (we both work midnights) and I hear what sounded like a loud ass bang from downstairs. Then around 3 or 4 minutes later another one. It kept doing this all night long. I was literally shitting my pants because I remembered what she said. On one hand I wanted to to downstairs and investigate, and on the other hand I didn't because had I went down there and seen shit flying around I would have had to put the house up for sale that minute because I wouldn't have been able to stay there.

The next morning I went down there and nothing was out of the ordinary, so I went out back and the hook on the gate to our fence (which is in that corner of the house) came unlatched and the gate was blowing open and slamming shut.
Poltergeist

anitoli

Reaction score
So burning them would close certain doors? It sounds more like throwing away a key with an unlocked door. It'll open anytime, and can't be locked anymore.
Burning doesn't lock the door, just prevents more being opened inadvertently. You can have benign haunting's where the energy isn't a nuisance or intrusive, it's just there. But, when you start playing with items whose intent and purpose is to channel or communicate with the dead you are handing an invitation out, and once it's out you ain't putting it back so easy. Deception is the name of the game and you are never sure if old Aunti Mabel is really pushing that planchette around.

SmokeyDopey

VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know how you guys are using the Tarot cards, but what I'm hearing has more to do with what you guys were dabbling in (or what you've been exposed to) than the actual deck itself.

anitoli

Reaction score
I don't know how you guys are using the Tarot cards, but what I'm hearing has more to do with what you guys were dabbling in (or what you've been exposed to) than the actual deck itself.
Tarot is divination, asking the dead to predict the future. Spiritual attachments can occur through many objects and things. Look at the symbolism on Tarot cards, what are you being told?

SmokeyDopey

VIP Member
Reaction score
Tarot is and has been used for divination, but some view this as a profane use of the deck.

67Mopar

Reaction score
I wanted nothing for myself, other than knowledge. If what I was doing couldn't benefit others, there was no point in it.

Lo-Tek

Reaction score
People use regular cards for divination too. People use tea leaves too. I don’t view divination as a type of black magic, sorcery or communication with spirits. But I’m not versed in Tarot. The I-Ching I find awesome although practically never use it. I had some Runes at one point but I don’t know historically accurate the text was (if at all). The I Ching is not occult based.

Reaction score
I didn't read the entire thread, but the OP reminds of me a of a similar situation. A few years ago my wife and I (and our 2 cats) were sitting in the bedroom talking on the bed, when we heard an out of the blue crash of thunder. It was the loudest I've ever heard, and there was no rain so it was really strange. It was so loud both cats jumped high into the air on our bed from a laying down position. Scared me, too - it was LOUD! Like a bomb exploding.

anitoli

Reaction score
People use regular cards for divination too. People use tea leaves too. I don’t view divination as a type of black magic, sorcery or communication with spirits. But I’m not versed in Tarot. The I-Ching I find awesome although practically never use it. I had some Runes at one point but I don’t know historically accurate the text was (if at all). The I Ching is not occult based.
div·i·na·tion
[ˌdivəˈnāSH(ə)n]
NOUN
  1. the practice of seeking knowledge of the future or the unknown by supernatural means.

Lo-Tek

Reaction score
div·i·na·tion
[ˌdivəˈnāSH(ə)n]
NOUN
  1. the practice of seeking knowledge of the future or the unknown by supernatural means.

That seems like an overly strict definition but ok. Let me put it this way- the I Ching does not require praying to gods, invoking deities, summoning spirits, chanting. funny clothes and artifacts, etc... No sacrifices. lol. It's not communicating with the dead.
from wiki-
"The I Ching uses a type of divination called cleromancy, which produces apparently random numbers. Six numbers between 6 and 9 are turned into a hexagram, which can then be looked up in the I Ching book."
The interpretation of the reading are up to the user. If you have never read the book I would recommend glancing at it at least. I would also say stay off the internet which is full of BS in this regard. Get the Wilhelm translation from the library.

http://www2.unipr.it/~deyoung/I_Ching_Wilhelm_Translation.html

I 100% guarantee it will not open any portal to hell.

SmokeyDopey

VIP Member
Reaction score
Portal to hell? Why don't we talk about the black mirrors we carry around in our pockets all the time?

67Mopar

Reaction score
Portal to hell? Why don't we talk about the black mirrors we carry around in our pockets all the time?
I was reading about the construction of just such a device in a book on high magic. It described a common entity as having "... the body of a man, the head of a reptile, and the tongue of a snake." Immediately after reading this, my nephew screamed, and threw something against the wall! He was gripping his hand, staring at it. I ran over to him, and asked him what had happened? He replied; "Josiah's toy... it's hot!" I didn't know exactly which toy he had, so I asked him to point it out to me. He found it, but would not touch it. I picked it up, but it was not hot to the touch. The toy was a Masters of the Universe action figure. It was a man with the head of an alligator, or something like it. What really blew my mind, was when I pushed the button on its back... Snakes came out of its eyes and mouth!

Last edited:

CoyotesGator

Reaction score
The Institute for the Very, Very, Very Nervous
I didn't read the entire thread, but the OP reminds of me a of a similar situation. A few years ago my wife and I (and our 2 cats) were sitting in the bedroom talking on the bed, when we heard an out of the blue crash of thunder. It was the loudest I've ever heard, and there was no rain so it was really strange. It was so loud both cats jumped high into the air on our bed from a laying down position. Scared me, too - it was LOUD! Like a bomb exploding.

Sonic boom?

One of the guys or gals gave the throttle a little extra?

SmokeyDopey

VIP Member
Reaction score
I was reading about the construction of just such a device in a book on high magic. It described a common entity as having "... the body of a man, the head of a reptile, and the tongue of a snake."

What book? The Lemegeton?

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
ok, I think I figured it out. Do you live by the lake?

59731999_2296751993680862_4837588305920917504_n.jpg

hey, wait, why is he flipping us off?

Derek S

Reaction score
Creepy yet fun OP story. But there's always a logical explanation IMO...doesn't mean you'll ever figure it out though, just means you'll always wonder WTF it was lol.

Me and some buds were shooting the b-ball around many years ago and suddenly a friend of ours that lived across the street came running down his driveway and up the road in his fruit of the looms, yelling all the way lol. Something truly scared the shit out of him in his den. We knew this guy was a goof but this seemed legit. When he calmed down he explained to us what happened. He said that he was in and out of a nap in front of the tv when a couple of the holiday cards on the fireplace mantle moved a little on their own. He ignored it and dozed off again but then they moved some more and one of them gently fell off the edge. He said that was it - he freaked and bolted. So we all went in together and took a closer look at the mantle...a 5' water moccasin was draped across it, just chillin', guess it had come in through the base of the fireplace somehow and was obviously napping for a while too lol.

Trumpet Rider

Reaction score
Creepy yet fun OP story. But there's always a logical explanation IMO...doesn't mean you'll ever figure it out though, just means you'll always wonder WTF it was lol.

Me and some buds were shooting the b-ball around many years ago and suddenly a friend of ours that lived across the street came running down his driveway and up the road in his fruit of the looms, yelling all the way lol. Something truly scared the shit out of him in his den. We knew this guy was a goof but this seemed legit. When he calmed down he explained to us what happened. He said that he was in and out of a nap in front of the tv when a couple of the holiday cards on the fireplace mantle moved a little on their own. He ignored it and dozed off again but then they moved some more and one of them gently fell off the edge. He said that was it - he freaked and bolted. So we all went in together and took a closer look at the mantle...a 5' water moccasin was draped across it, just chillin', guess it had come in through the base of the fireplace somehow and was obviously napping for a while too lol.
A water moccasin in the house is a lot scarier than a ghost.:shock: