Play-a-plexi...

• Thread starter wakjob
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wakjob

Reaction score
I know the Leap Frog guy playing that 8-string thing won't be anyone's favorite here, but check out his channel on YT, he's amazingly talented!

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
I really enjoyed watching that. While I had expected (and kinda hoped for) some Van Halen licks, I didn't expect to hear Victim of Changes, so that was a really nice surprise. Looks like they were all having a lot of fun too.

AMPPILOT

Reaction score
I finally found a home ......on this thread .

Hats off to all brave guys

i saw lots of grins and smiles .. .....

by cracky ...Thats good stuff there .

maxxi

Reaction score
sick tone.but is anyone wearing hearing protection in there? seems like instant hearing damage standing in that small room:shock:

Coronado

Reaction score
I know the Leap Frog guy playing that 8-string thing won't be anyone's favorite here, but check out his channel on YT, he's amazingly talented!

Been following Leo for a couple months now. Guy puts together some amazing stuff!!!

Coronado

Reaction score
Thought this would be healthy for the forum:

This was a pretty cool event (Guit-Con). A bunch of YouTube guys all getting together getting to try out all sorts of gear. Where do I sign? :yesway:

plexilespaul

Reaction score
images

how come no one used a Gibson..

Last edited:

Geeze

Reaction score
The nice thing about guitar amps [unlike 200 mph cars & bikes] is you can turn them up LOUD from time to time. When I blast I always wear ear plugs - I always get a kick out of the 'ear plugs' change/affect/ruin crowd. The point for me is the feel of the air being moved and the singing quality of the amp / speakers.

I also want an SLP!

Rock on my brothers and sisters!

Russ

el_bastardo

Reaction score
What I don't understand is how all these "internet legends" are so blown away by the volume of a cranked Plexi. Have they never heard one before? Never touched one? Yes cranked Plexis are amazing. No doubt. They're loud as shit. They didn't know that already?

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't see the point of this thread. We all have done this haven't we?
Its not like we're Mesa players wondering what a Marshall sounds like cranked.

Is there something that I'm missing about listening to a cranked Marshall on YouTube?

Its a bit like "why go and watch the NYYankees when you can watch them on your iPad?".

danfrank

Reaction score
What I don't understand is how all these "internet legends" are so blown away by the volume of a cranked Plexi. Have they never heard one before? Never touched one? Yes cranked Plexis are amazing. No doubt. They're loud as shit. They didn't know that already?

From the looks of it, I think not...

danfrank

Reaction score
The nice thing about guitar amps [unlike 200 mph cars & bikes] is you can turn them up LOUD from time to time. When I blast I always wear ear plugs - I always get a kick out of the 'ear plugs' change/affect/ruin crowd. The point for me is the feel of the air being moved and the singing quality of the amp / speakers.

WHat's interesting is that the first time I put in ear plugs, I was amazed at how much more definition I could hear from the guitar/amp. I thought it would be just a bunch of muffled and garbled sounds but the sound from the amp became clearer... And less painful!
I learned that day that there is definitely a SPL level where the ear itself goes into overload and distorts. Cymbals are much worse at it too.

Yugedrums

Reaction score

Yeah, he does metal remakes of current pop songs and does a really great job at it. He seems to play all the instruments and sings and records/mixes it all himself. It's all very well done. My kids watch the videos all the time on Youtube.

...or cranked an 100-watt anything? Or played on a stage with very loud everything? It is strange that they're all reacting like they've never heard volume before.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
I guess not. Its not anything I ever want to do, and I'm a legend in my own mind! :lol:

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score

haha I just realised the same thing. We might be the same person. Do you have hairy legs and are of Roman descent too?

chiliphil1

Reaction score
I'm so glad I've gotten to do that. 100 NMV into a full stack... Yep. Even the 2203 into a 1960 is amazing when it's turned up that loud. There is something so cool about hearing the walls buzz and feeling the floor shake with every note. Nothing matches that.

I'll also say that I am firmly in the earplug crowd. I was doing practice without them and would go home feeling like crap, headache, the whole thing. I started with the plugs and that was gone. I could enjoy playing. The cymbals were the worst, they were like icepicks. Funny thing, the D-bag bass player in my old band used to bitch that we got louder once the other guitarist and I started using plugs but he wasn't smart enough to realize that we actually turned up louder when he got a 700-watt bass amp and couldn't figure out where the volume was. He was an idiot anyway but yeah, plugs for sure. I think I paid $20 or $30 for the ones I have, they're musicians plugs.

Coronado

Reaction score

HA! I thought the same as I watched their expressions! I thought, surely you guys have heard cranked amps before? :lol:

Coronado

Reaction score
I'm so glad I've gotten to do that. 100 NMV into a full stack... Yep. Even the 2203 into a 1960 is amazing when it's turned up that loud. There is something so cool about hearing the walls buzz and feeling the floor shake with every note. Nothing matches that.

I'll also say that I am firmly in the earplug crowd. I was doing practice without them and would go home feeling like crap, headache, the whole thing. I started with the plugs and that was gone. I could enjoy playing. The cymbals were the worst, they were like icepicks. Funny thing, the D-bag bass player in my old band used to bitch that we got louder once the other guitarist and I started using plugs but he wasn't smart enough to realize that we actually turned up louder when he got a 700-watt bass amp and couldn't figure out where the volume was. He was an idiot anyway but yeah, plugs for sure. I think I paid $20 or $30 for the ones I have, they're musicians plugs.

Now that is something I have never done - a full stack! I mean, I've been up close at concerts before, but never stood before the monster full stack and strummed. That must be INSANE!! :eddie: