• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

So, What's The Consensus On The Marshall Origin? Owners, Chime In!

• Thread starter doomsdaymachine
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Salty Rose

Reaction score
You sir are 100% correct. I meant to say something along the line of I do t like the. Some are to good to not have them. My Carr Rambler will have an Ego compressor , a Thorpy Dane dual boost and a MXR delay at the end. As for the Origin for Classic rock music, I am hoping That the Origin will need just reverb and delay. Thank you for your help.
I let the engineer (recording or stage sound) add reverb and or delay. They always do anyways. I give it to 'em bone dry.:hbang: I'm sure if you added it to the loop, it'd be killer.

For grins I'd like to try something in the effect loop. I was thinking Phase Shifter, ala '70's Page and Rossington. That's something they usually don't add to the mix. Using a Phase Shifter when doubling tracks is a neat trick I've used in the past, but not with this amp yet.

Sorry to hear about the failed disc decompression. What a nightmare that must be. I deal with similar problems. So that's one of the things I like about this amp. It's light for the amount of power it puts out.

progrockabuse

Reaction score
Hi everyone, new to the marshall forums. Been watching from the sidelines for a couple of years.
I recently got an Origin 20 Head, which is a dam loud amp for home use. Currently running a Klone style overdrive in the front end with some great results and keeping the neighbours happy. Running a 2x10 Torres Cab with a vintage 30 and a greenback in.

My only query is with the DI output. It mentioned in the manual the ability to run the amp without a load connected. Does this mean I can run it straight out of the DI out into my soundcard without having to plug in my cab as well?

MarshallDog

Reaction score
Hi everyone, new to the marshall forums. Been watching from the sidelines for a couple of years.
I recently got an Origin 20 Head, which is a dam loud amp for home use. Currently running a Klone style overdrive in the front end with some great results and keeping the neighbours happy. Running a 2x10 Torres Cab with a vintage 30 and a greenback in.

My only query is with the DI output. It mentioned in the manual the ability to run the amp without a load connected. Does this mean I can run it straight out of the DI out into my soundcard without having to plug in my cab as well?

Sorry I cant answer your DI question but welcome to the Forum :cheers:

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score

Welcome to the forum, don’t quote me on this but I do believe you can, the reason I say that is my grandson and his buddy unplugged my speaker cable to try his avt50h, after they had finished, they forgot to plug mine back in and I came home and fired up my amp, cranked the volume up to 5 and I had nothing, tracked down the problem and fired it back up , no problems and it’s been stellar, solid no glitches,
nothing but pure Marshall growl!
Cheers Mitch

progrockabuse

Reaction score
Thanks for the response, might have to give marshall a call and find out for sure. Tried emailing when I registered the warranty, to which my query was directed to the tech department. Had nothing back for about 2 months, apart from my warranty confirmation through the post.

Axis39

Reaction score
I contacted Marshall early on to get my speaker out's fixed under warranty. During the discussion with the Marshall Rep, he told me that as long as I plugged or unplugged only when the amp was OFF, it's perfectly safe to go out the DI with no other speakers connected. There is an internal speaker load built in.

67Mopar

Reaction score
I tried three Marshall Origin amplifiers at Sam Ash. I don't know if they received a bad batch, but they sounded terrible. The 50 watt model smelled like something was burning, so I unplugged it, and informed the resident idiot behind the counter.

fifteenohms

Reaction score
I tried to understand from the Marshall website what is an Origin, and Im still scratching my knob trying to figure it out.

I hope you all then, understand why I dont understand, and instead decided to adopt 4 more kittens for the annual Vagos cat throwing contest up in Azusa canyon tomorrow.

Because maine coons.

Buzzard

Reaction score
I tried to understand from the Marshall website what is an Origin, and Im still scratching my knob trying to figure it out.

I hope you all then, understand why I dont understand, and instead decided to adopt 4 more kittens for the annual Vagos cat throwing contest up in Azusa canyon tomorrow.

Because maine coons.
Um... no...no we don’t understand lol.

67Mopar

Reaction score

Because maine coons.
:shrug:

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score

Because maine coons.
Used to go dirt bike riding and 4 wheeling up there all the time never heard of the event you speak of !