So, What's The Consensus On The Marshall Origin? Owners, Chime In!

• Thread starter doomsdaymachine
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
:dude: Hey guys I thank you all for the positive reply’s, I am going to try and get another clip of her up later this afternoon when I get home from work. I will try ( lowering the volume a wee bit) and see if that will help the volume fade that pissed me off on Monday,(that and breaking 2 D strings) yea I know a G string is better :naughty: but they tend to stay in place, so I just work around it:naughty::ot:

MarshallDog

Reaction score
:dude: Hey guys I thank you all for the positive reply’s, I am going to try and get another clip of her up later this afternoon when I get home from work. I will try ( lowering the volume a wee bit) and see if that will help the volume fade that pissed me off on Monday,(that and breaking 2 D strings) yea I know a G string is better :naughty: but they tend to stay in place, so I just work around it:naughty::ot:

G strings tend to stay more moist allowing them to stretch and bend when in the way, opps, wrong G string!

Last edited:

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Definitely want to hear more.

xeizo

Reaction score
About the fading sound, I think it's your phones ALC(automatic level control) kicking in. A phone has no way to set manual volume. A PC/Mac with a normal mic will sound a lot better.

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
About the fading sound, I think it's your phones ALC(automatic level control) kicking in. A phone has no way to set manual volume. A PC/Mac with a normal mic will sound a lot better.
I am sure it would, but all I have is the phone, I have 2 buddy’s that do some recording, but it’s like pulling teeth to get them to do something :cool:

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
:cool: I am sorry for the poor recording, but my phone is just not a professional recording studio, and I don’t care much for lowering the volume, and putting it in low power sounds muddy to me :band: but this amp can do no wrong in my ears,

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
Just hit the high high octave and vibrato it.... then raise your pick hand up and make the horns!

That's all it takes

:dude:
I do think that there is just a bit more involved!:band: In the early 80’s, I mostly improvised, !! But I just contact’ed a bassist, our first jam will be this Saturday, so if all goes well? I will be posting some clips with some solos, (but of course it will be a few weeks

Jason Fieldhouseespk

Reaction score
I do think that there is just a bit more involved!:band: In the early 80’s, I mostly improvised, !! But I just contact’ed a bassist, our first jam will be this Saturday, so if all goes well? I will be posting some clips with some solos, (but of course it will be a few weeks

Sweeeeettt... Loving these vids, looks like a lot of fun bud! Rock on!

jeffb

Reaction score
If you have a pair lying around, give them a try and let me know what you think!

I ended up re-tubing the entire amp a couple weeks ago. Mullard RI EL34s sound much better in this amp than they did my DSL. Not sure I like them "better" than the JJ EL34IIs (the JJs have a dryness and bigger tonality that I think sounds more "70s"), but the Mullards sound great. Really nice when they get pushed hard.

K2JLX

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I left all the tubes stock in my 50H apart from V1 which I put a 1966 Blackburn made Mullard I-63 ecc83 in, to my ears it sounds smoother and glassier, ymmv. Have I mentioned I love this amp? paired with a 4x12 1960bx cab loaded with greenies it’s a dragon slayer. Can’t praise Marshall enough for this hit out of the park.

tce63

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gibson LP R5 and my Orgin 20c
The cab with G12 Creamback

2018-08-18%2022-52-10.jpg