The Official Marshall DSL40c Information Thread

• Thread starter Micky
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Micky

VIP Member
Reaction score
I kinda also would tend to agree the DSL40c is probably not the best-selling amp.
I would imagine a lower-priced amp would reign as #1.
Then again, manufacturers claims have always been taken with a grain of salt...

Moony

Reaction score
I kinda also would tend to agree the DSL40c is probably not the best-selling amp.
I would imagine a lower-priced amp would reign as #1.

Exactly!
There are several lower priced solid state and modeling amps which sell far better here in Europe.
And I don't think, that it's different worldwide.

I could see it being Marshalls number 1 selling amp, maybe that's what they mean.

I've asked, wether it refers only to Marshall or to all companies and were told "by units sold ALL".

Yes, maybe it's Marshall's best selling combo in 2015. Could be, as they also launched three other designs.
But I'm pretty sure, it's not the best selling guitar amp worldwide.

And that does not mean that I hate the DSL40C! :wave:

Moony

Reaction score
Well by your rant about the JVM vs. the DSL40.

It was clear you were miffed that the DSL40C was getting more love than the JVM.

I could be wrong:hmm:

I've just asked, which amp the guys here would prefer if both cost the same.
What's wrong with that?
I think, that then, most guys would buy the JVM, that is correct.

But that doesn't mean, that I don't like the DSL. I personally just like the JVM better - and that's something I stated much later in the thread - after getting several replies to it.

I can understand, that the DSL40C gets more love than the JVM215C, because it's more affordable and therefore a better value for the money - especially in those countries, where the JVM costs more than double the price of the DSL40C.

There's nothing wrong with the DSL40C.

Micky

VIP Member
Reaction score
Come on guys.
No need to argue here in this thread.

Discussions, OK then. Please just keep it civil and not argumentative.

Greatwhitenorth

Reaction score
I tried something new last night. I normally play with the amp tilted on a raised stand and I'm either sitting beside it, or standing directly in front of it. I decided last night to move around the room a little with a 20 foot cord and got a whole new feel for this amp. At around 8 feet away facing the amp the tonal character was quite different. It seemed to have more treble(not in a bad way) and clarity. It gave me an idea of what others hear when I'm playing. I guess I need to move around a little more when I'm playing. Nothing earth shattering to anyone here, I'm just observing.....

Oldpunk

Reaction score
Take it off that stand and place it on the floor next to a wall and it will sound even better.

Landawng

Reaction score
Ordered this off of Sweetwater and it came today. BEYOND stoked right now. First amp I have ever owned. Messed around on acoustic for about 3 years and finally picked up an electric 3-4 weeks ago (Epiphone ES-339 Pro). Messed around with it on Guitar Rig 5 but decided I needed an amp and I didn't really want to cheap out on it.

Gotta say, it's pretty sweet seeing a 180 page thread on this DSL40. I have a lot of reading to do haha.

Micky

VIP Member
Reaction score
Gotta say, it's pretty sweet seeing a 180 page thread on this DSL40. I have a lot of reading to do haha.

Required reading...

Many new members put a post in the Introduce Yourself section telling everyone a little bit about themselves, and the kind of gear they own, music they like, etc.

IRG

Reaction score
For those of you who've ordered tubes from Doug's tubes, how quickly did you get your order? I'm in the same state (NY) and ordered on the 20th, yet it still says processing. Seems to be taking a long time. I guess I'm spoiled with the customer service from Sweetwater, where I order a guitar, or this amp, in a different state (Indiana) and have it delivered for free within 48 hours. Large store versus M&P, I get that. But still, these are 6 small tubes...

MarshallDog

Reaction score
For those of you who've ordered tubes from Doug's tubes, how quickly did you get your order? I'm in the same state (NY) and ordered on the 20th, yet it still says processing. Seems to be taking a long time. I guess I'm spoiled with the customer service from Sweetwater, where I order a guitar, or this amp, in a different state (Indiana) and have it delivered for free within 48 hours. Large store versus M&P, I get that. But still, these are 6 small tubes...

I order from the Tube Store and the order ships the same day unless I order at 4:00 and I get them in 2-3 days. Im near Buffalo, NY. The Tube Store is the best with great customer service.

Micky

VIP Member
Reaction score

I think I remember 5 business days for me.
Send them an email, there may be a problem with the order.

Landawng

Reaction score
Required reading...

Many new members put a post in the Introduce Yourself section telling everyone a little bit about themselves, and the kind of gear they own, music they like, etc.

Ah right on, thanks for the heads up on that!!

IRG

Reaction score
I think I remember 5 business days for me.
Send them an email, there may be a problem with the order.

I did just that. Looks like it's being delivered today. I think his website sticks on processing, but it should be updated to be shipped out. Also, since it was sent out on the 21st, which was very quick on his end, USPS is being very slow for 2 day delivery. Five days to move from Long Island to Rochester. It's a 4-5 hour drive. But I suppose this big storm last week is the culprit. Living in upstate NY, usually we're the ones with the big storm, but we got nothing. Long Island and NYC got quite a bit.

It reminds me of the photo I saw the other day from a bar in Buffalo, that said, "What do you call it when you get 2 feet of snow? Tuesday."

Last edited:

Oldpunk

Reaction score

Call him and ask he's a cool dude.

Edit: never mind ,just saw your last post.....patience bro, patience.

Latest posts