The Official Marshall DSL40c Information Thread

• Thread starter Micky
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
And why are we getting defensive over models? I haven't even heard a clip of the new CR. Must mean diddle. Unless someone poots a clip here...of the new gen...

:naughty:

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
Did some jamming last night.... I'll see anyone who says that the DSL40C can't do good tones at home-friendly volumes and raise them these tones here:

That was damm good, tone for days, I like it and want to hear more! Were you going straight in? Or did you use a pedal?

Clifdawg

Reaction score
Were you going straight in? Or did you use a pedal?

Thanks for the kind words! Going straight in. The SG has the really hot 495r and 495t "firebird" pickups, which are kinda junk for cleans, but really have some mojo with the Ultra gain. My settings are:
Ultra gain/Lead 2 - Gain 9-10 o'clock - Volume 9 o'clock - Bass 3 o'clock - Mids dimed - Treble 9 o'clock - Tone Shift off - Presence 9 o'clock - Resonance 3 o'clock - Reverb/Ultra noon.

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
QUOTE="Clifdawg, post: 1744694, member: 53583"]Thanks for the kind words! Going straight in. The SG has the really hot 495r and 495t "firebird" pickups, which are kinda junk for cleans, but really have some mojo with the Ultra gain. My settings are:
Ultra gain/Lead 2 - Gain 9-10 o'clock - Volume 9 o'clock - Bass 3 o'clock - Mids dimed - Treble 9 o'clock - Tone Shift off - Presence 9 o'clock - Resonance 3 o'clock - Reverb/Ultra noon.[/QUOTE]
:cheers: Cool bro thanks for the quick response, my SG is the faded, one of my favorite guitars, I littered this thread and , the show me your riffs thread, with a bunch of clips, mostly on my SG:dude:

Angus Rhoads

Reaction score
And why are we getting defensive over models? I haven't even heard a clip of the new CR. Must mean diddle. Unless someone poots a clip here...of the new gen...

:naughty:
Not a defensive thing, really, didn't mean to imply that the CR doesn't sound good, just different. Feels different too. For me CR is not as raw and in your face as the C - seems smoother and more "modern", not sure how much of that would come across in audio clips tho. If anything it seems like they've moved it more in the direction of the JVM, which is cool but I already have a JVM combo so I like that the old model is a little different from that. Enough of a difference that I like having both, but I could not see the point in having both the JVM and CR, ya know?

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a defensive thing, really, didn't mean to imply that the CR doesn't sound good, just different. Feels different too. For me CR is not as raw and in your face as the C - seems smoother and more "modern", not sure how much of that would come across in audio clips tho. If anything it seems like they've moved it more in the direction of the JVM, which is cool but I already have a JVM combo so I like that the old model is a little different from that. Enough of a difference that I like having both, but I could not see the point in having both the JVM and CR, ya know?

Well there you go. A description of what you meant! I need all the help I can get.:agreed:

BftGibson

Reaction score
DSL40cr..no pedals..Ultra chan.red.gain on 4,master dimed, vol dimed 40 watt setting,,.B-4 M-4.T4, pres.7 res6..2017 Gibson Firebird studio 496/500..non mixed demo song 7 out of studio, gt 75, v30 & V type mic'd

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
DSL40cr..no pedals..Ultra chan.red.gain on 4,master dimed, vol dimed 40 watt setting,,.B-4 M-4.T4, pres.7 res6..2017 Gibson Firebird studio 496/500..non mixed demo song 7 out of studio, gt 75, v30 & V type mic'd

good gawd bro! That hurt...in a good way!

Latest posts