Volume 10, really had to try it!

• Thread starter grishnackh
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

grishnackh

Reaction score
It's been on my mind for quite some time and I finally made up my mind: I wanted to hear how my dsl100 sounds with volume at 10.
I usually play it at 3 with attenuator, and it's pretty loud, I've reached 5/6 but only once or twice.
This afternoon I plugged in the Les Paul, no pedal, some gain, and Volume 10.
Stand by off...Em Power Chord....
The roar came first...then the sound wave hit me in the face and I was almost pushed away from the amp, the a bottle fell from the shelf, my heart missed a beat, the God of Rock came down for a high five, then the feedback, the perfect feedback, windows shacking, my balls shacking, second bottle falling...
Stand by on...
I opened a beer and quietly waited for the police with a grin on my face!

big dooley

VIP Member
Reaction score
:D

my bandmate has a JCM800 2210 since 1989... but in all those years he never dimed everything... after asking him about it he said he never dared to do that... then one day he especially called me up to say he was in the rehearsalroom and that he tried it out... he was hyper about it! :D

mike mike

Reaction score
It's been on my mind for quite some time and I finally made up my mind: I wanted to hear how my dsl100 sounds with volume at 10.
I usually play it at 3 with attenuator, and it's pretty loud, I've reached 5/6 but only once or twice.
The roar came first...then the sound wave hit me in the face and I was almost pushed away from the amp, the a bottle fell from the shelf, my heart missed a beat, the God of Rock came down for a high five, then the feedback, the perfect feedback, windows shacking, my balls shacking, second bottle falling...
Stand by on...

this is poetry!! amazing!! but you usually play at 3... WITH AN ATTENUATOR?????!?!? Are you mad? that has to be really quiet!

Frankie

Reaction score
Nothing like a Marshall running in the proper zone. It's a religious experience. Try it next time with the gain down, I bet it keeeeerangs like no other.

big dooley

VIP Member
Reaction score
religious? i'd rather call it blasphemous :)

yes, we are violating the third commandement by doing such things :D

Lespaulnmarshall

Reaction score
Even though I don't find Marshalls to be THAT loud anymore. (I'm used to it, I'm even used to my 2204) They sound AWSOME!

spiritdave

Reaction score
Stand by on...

THREE with an Attentuator??! Wow man ... I always played my DSL on 6 - 8 without one.

The DSL is a beast which shouldn't be tamed. Btw, very loud it may have been, but my drummer kept up ;)

RickyLee

VIP Member
Reaction score
LMFAO!

I set my '88 2205 up ONCE with the master on 10 - on the Clean channel, and then Dimed the Clean channel volume running into a 4X12. Oh man, was that a badass tone. And this was the Clean channel!

Played it like this for quite some time . . .

Until I took out one of my E34L's. LOL

There's a lot of signal running through the Split Channel's this way, more than running the Boost channel Dimed. At least that is how my 2205 works.

JayCM800

Reaction score
I don't wear earplugs, so i haven't dared to do that YET. It's definitely in my "to do list" in the inmediate future though...

safc78

Reaction score
I dimed my AFD100 recently and put my hand on the wall.... It was actually shaking!!!!

HarryAndAGuitar

Reaction score
Haha i want to dime my JCM 800 but it seems the louder i turn it up it gets very trebly to where it hurts my ears because it's so high pitched.

Is this a problem with everyone or is it my pickups? (stock 58 historic burstbuckers).

Clammy

Reaction score
You want a REAL religious experience, and serious hearing (and furniture, etc...) damage? Try diming 2 early 70s Super Bass heads through 4 4x12s loaded with G12-80s. I did this at home one time, and I thought the house was going to come down around my ears!!!! But it was SOOOOO fuckin SWEET!!! The sound pressure was plain nuts! :headbanger::headbanger::headbanger:

Nothing has more pure "AWESOME" than a Marshall tube amp cranked up to insane volume levels!!!

Cheers!
:dude::dude::dude:

dinkyguitar

Reaction score
Your story made me laugh...I have to copy your exact post and keep it for the future and bring it out during family dinners :lol:

"my balls shacking" :lol:

If I was in your shoes at "the moment of impact" one of my nuts would have dropped...

Seriously, It took alot of balls to do what you did....

dinkyguitar

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
I just did the cheat code for an 800. since i got cherry (today. My new lester) i HAD too. and since i don't have an 800 i put my DSL in green mode2 and dime the volume and gain then played around with that,lowering the two,adding a boost.....that was heaven.....i'm officialy a lester/marshall devotee again(and my sg:p). man that was beautiful...i had some otherworldy tones including clean. did the poor mans plexi with it too.....jeez.....the milky throaty sustain with a boost and it dimed made me forget all about .....crap what's that stuff called?....umm.....metal....yeah that stuff:p

chuckharmonjr

In Memorandum
Reaction score
About as far south in Alabama as you can go withou
Some of ya'll may have heard this story before...but right before halloween everybody was gone on a saturdady afternoon but me. We have a pretty good sized two story house...my rig is in the master bedroom on one end upstairs. Downstairs at the far end is a small den. Old lady had put a ceramic small pumkin thing on an end table down there. I decided to crank up my DSL because I never had before. I got her up to 8 with both cabs plugged in and played for about 20 minutes....which was an awesome almost religeous experience...I truly thought my 2203 had come back from the dead and was channeling. I got yelled at when they got home. Yep, that little porcelain punkin had walked its happy ass across the table and splattered all over that shiny Spanish marble floor...lol

richieG

Reaction score
Its just awesome.

The first time you do it is like when you jerk off for the first time.

Side Story. I know a guy who has a old JMP 2203. He got it new, he's in his 50s. he never really got it past 2 ever. I don't think it ever occured to him. I plugged in, dimed the pre, put the master on about 6 and went hard. He nearly had a heart attack. :lol::lol: He said something along the lines of, "Man I had no idea it could sound like that".

j2112c

Reaction score
Its just awesome.

The first time you do it is like when you jerk off for the first time.

Side Story. I know a guy who has a old JMP 2203. He got it new, he's in his 50s. he never really got it past 2 ever. I don't think it ever occured to him. I plugged in, dimed the pre, put the master on about 6 and went hard. He nearly had a heart attack. :lol::lol: He said something along the lines of, "Man I had no idea it could sound like that".

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Rock On... Nice to see someone takes their civic duties seriously! I wish you had got a video clip of his face..:lol:
:headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:

Latest posts