Which reverb pedal?

• Thread starter giblesp
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

giblesp

Reaction score
I've said that I'm going to just work with the couple of excellent pedals I have, but that may not be the case :)

Would love a reverb pedal for long, ambient delays. The reverb in my JVM is good enough for light delay.

Real fussy about not affecting tone which is why I only use a Vox Timemachine and BOSS Waza Chorus. The effect on tone is negligible with these two, I found that putting an Electric Mistress in the chain, had too much of an effect on the tone for me, even though its TB.

Been looking online at the Hall of Fame 2 by 4, Strymon seems to be a bit expensive.

Any help, much appreciated as always.

zachman

Reaction score
I've said that I'm going to just work with the couple of excellent pedals I have, but that may not be the case :)

Would love a reverb pedal for long, ambient delays. The reverb in my JVM is good enough for light delay.

Real fussy about not affecting tone which is why I only use a Vox Timemachine and BOSS Waza Chorus. The effect on tone is negligible with these two, I found that putting an Electric Mistress in the chain, had too much of an effect on the tone for me, even though its TB.

Been looking online at the Hall of Fame 2 by 4, Strymon seems to be a bit expensive.

Hardwire Supernatural Reverb was a, imo-- good sounding pedal when I had mine. I recommend checking them out if you can

paul-e-mann

Reaction score

I like the Boss RV-6 :yesway:

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
not that you asked but reverb imo is the most over used effect out there.
a lot of people dont seem to know how to use reverb to where it sounds
good. they drench the hell out of their tone with it.
for me i keep it very simple and light on the sauce. no need to go expensive
to get good USABLE reverb.

shopping

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

IOSEPHVS

Reaction score
Also, if you are so inclined, check out the analog DIY Stage Center Reverb by Craig Anderton. It's simple to build, fits in a small enclosure, and with it you can use the reverb tank of your choice. Just mount the tank on the underside of your pedalboard and run the two RCA cables to and from it.

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
the reason i chose the holy grail was simple.
it wasnt expensive, had the 3 types of delay
i like, simple to use, and to me it was the
closest i found to a peavey and fender type
reverbs, which in my opinion cant be beat.
old fender and old peavey that is. there are
a lot of choices out there these days. i just
wanted simple and reliable.

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
I have 2 Reverb pedals.

Hof and EHX Holy Grail, Both great pedals

yes and again both are easy on the pocket buying used as well.
i think i paid something like $40 for mine maybe. one need not
break the bank to have a good quality reverb pedal. neither
of these pedals have a lot of bells and whistles but they get the
job done and put a smile on your face.

giblesp

Reaction score
Would love to go with BOSS, but I have no place for another buffer in the chain right now.

Strymon seems to be the choice for ambience, but HOF 2 seems to sound in the same league at half the price. I'll check out the other suggestions also, thanks.

True, that you have to go light on the effects to keep the tone as good as possible, its a balance of having the effects you want and accepting that some tone loss is inevitable. I'm in a good place right now and don't want to upset the balance. Would rather live without another pedal in the chain, then have to degrade the tone.

But right now I tend to plug into my Kemper for my nighttime ambient fix, would be so nice to be able to go there with my Marshall also.

Maggot Brain

Reaction score
Check out the JHS 3 series Reverb Pedal excellent reverb pedal, I tried a lot of the high price reverb pedals the JHS will shock you

I just picked one of these up, it's great bang for the buck but was extremely disapointing to discovery it only uses a power adapter. I only use batteries as I have always had bad luck using power adapters. I caved in and went back to pick up an adapter, they only had 1 left... A Snark brand... Got home and the power adapter failed after about 5 minutes... Extremly aggravating as I was super excited to use the pedal but now not sure I want to keep it if I have to depend on a adapter, exactly why I don't use them.

For the time I was able to use the 3 Series Reverb I was extremly impressed, in store and on my rig, just wished it had the ability to use batteries, HUGE turn off for me FYI.

*edit*
Unfortunately looks like the pedal took out the power source. I made an adapter so I can power it with a battery and the JHS pedal just makes a bunch of odd noises when engaged. I tried the the battery adapter I made with all my other pedals and they all work fine.

Back it goes, I think I will choose something else.

Last edited:

South Park

Reaction score
I have a Moore shimmer verp pro for my SLO 50 I put in the FX loop lots of options .